Sign in to follow this  
Miretta

Cave decorational floors and walls

I would like to make the suggestion to add some very simple options to make caves look nicer :) and to allow for some form of structure changes without the need of adding borders to cave tiles.

it would be awesome if we could "pave" Cave walls and Floors, which can act similar as support beams or can be attached over support beams and veins as some form of decoration (Can be destroyed easily?)

They would allow us for some Variation in Caves without intruding cave code too much :) kind of just adding new textures to cave walls and floors :)

We could make walls made of marble (that dont look similar to marble veins) or made of gold sheet :D

• Like 1

Sure, I would love this, but I want to be able to read slopes in a cave some how first so that my face doesn't get twitchy looking at uneven cave flooring.

You don't need to see the slope inside a cave to know if it's flast or not ......you just stand 1 one tile and sue your Pickaxe to "Flatten".

Then after that tile is flat move to the next one and do the same.

As for building inside of caves and mines i had an idea a while back but never posted it.....so not to take away from Lady Miretta i'll make a new post about that.

But a BIG + 1 to her idea.....making caves look better is a great idea ;)

Better underground map in general, especially to enable surface construction below.

I'd probably hang some tapestries on the walls of my main cave chamber if I could. Though tapestries should by no means be limited to cave walls, any castle architect worth his irons would want tapestries.

I wonder if tapestries are already planned for wool...

could use a similar idea with reinforced walls

like any reinforced wall can have lamps attached to them to create a dungeon look or attach banners and such in boat caves and mines

+1 for more stuff like this