Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Chance Mining Drops Seryll and Adamantine as well as Gems

Wtf are you talking about, who ever said that epic should be connected to freedom, it shouldn't that would be retarded. Epic has 2x skill gain and a epic curve that can put your efective skill as far ahead as 20 levels, at lvl 70 in a skill they can craft like lvl 90 does in freedom. It can't and wouldn't ever be connected with that sort of difference.

The epic argument was not an actual suggestion as pointed out by the original post where I brought it up.  It was just to demonstrate the obnoxiousness of making a suggestion to benefit one group of players but would throw a wrench into the balance of another group and then just outright dismissing their balance concerns without properly understanding them.

And yes I know the most likely retort of but hey PvP players do it all the time!  They aren't any better for doing so.

I remember a time when this thread was about mining for moonmetal. Seems so long ago....

Honestly, I liked my idea of adding those metals into the regular game instead, if there could be a random event that meteor would crash randomly on undeeded land, and couldn't be deeded over so nobody could just claim it as their own, it could emit damage to structures within such and such a distance as to avoid being walled off. It would also have a beam like the rift event does after it lands to find it on the server. Chance to mine it would be like surface mining, and would be rock shards mostly but get chips or pieces of the rare metals from it, each meteor would be based on the metal it contains, thus couldn't get more than one type from the same meteor. Could even prevent people camping it by slowly applying a debuff sort of like diseased that stacks the more you're near it and lasts 12 hours from when you leave it's radius till it drops off of you, the debuff would lower stamina regen while within the radius of the meteor till it flat out drains stamina being near the meteor (deter people from camping outside the radius then moving in to mine it again)

I know it's all a bit much, but I figured it'd be a "somewhat" balanced way of adding the metals to the game, and letting anyone have a slice of the pie.