Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Supported Mine Floors

I have not messed with the supported mine floors any but does it keep collapses from happening on that tile or do you still need the wall supports to keep the path clear? 

Floor reinforcments give more walking speed on foot and prevent mining on that tile.

Afaik they do not prevent collapses

Not 100% sure. I know that the floor tiles I've supported haven't collapsed but I don't know if I covered enough area to give an accurate evaluation.

It would make sense to me if it kept them from collapsing or at least maybe block ore from dropping if it did. I have an up path that is the only way up to the deed and i don't want a 10k ore dropping on the path, lol

I guess i will start with the floors and then work my way to the walls as i can but if anyone can let us know if you have had a supported floor collapse that would be great.  

Wishful thinking which makes no sense. If reinforced floors prevented the adjacent tiles on each side of them from collapsing then 1 of them would be a substitute for 2 wall reinforcements. Wurm coding has never been that generous. Beyond this, the purpose stated for creating floor reinforcements was to eliminate them from being mined down by players that did not have the ability required for removing them. Even with this protection they are way too easily and swiftly removed from floor by any that reach the minimal requirements to do so. They should at the least have a 30 second timer and even require a number of hits based upon mining skill to remove them.

=Ayes=

I've tried reinforcing my floors a few months ago to see what's what. It'd be nice if one could reinforce a floor to flatten it, without a reinforced wall texture appearing on that floor tile. There is no need to have a texture appear on that tile, just flatten it, if it looks like a slab we know it's reinforced. It all looked so ugly that I removed all reinforcements from every floor tile.

Has anyone checked if insanity tiles remain as such if reinforced ?

It would make more sense if it was the ceiling and walls that kept the tile from collapsing. But afaik reinforcement of ceiling is not possible.