Sign in to follow this  
Nekoras

Horse shoes speed Milestones II (WoA and saddles included)

Some time has passed since i wrote the first post about the speed increase with different horseshoes. Original post can be found here.

I had some time and did the tests with WoA equipment.

The Values are summed up like the quality to check if the WoA has the same defined milestones.

Horseshoes:

WoA                          QL                       Δkm/h                WoA induced [(Δkm/h)-(QL induced Δkm/h)]

2                           46,97                   +0,72                  +0

13                           46,13                   +0,72                  +0

21                           46,89                   +0,72                  +0

27                           45,15                   +0,72                  +0

31                           47,50                   +0,72                  +0

37                           39,95                   +0,72                  +0

39                           86,92                   +1,44                  +0

50                           86,08                   +1,44                  +0

58                           86,84                   +1,44                  +0

64                           85,10                   +1,44                  +0

68                           87,45                   +1,44                  +0

70                         134,42                   +2,16                  +0

95                         132,60                   +2,16                  +0

116                         133,57                   +2,16                  +0

Single horseshoes with high WoA:

WoA                          QL                      Δkm/h                WoA induced [(Δkm/h)-(QL induced Δkm/h)]

59                          47,51                   +1,44                  +0,72

72                          43,18                   +2,16                  +1,44

Saddle with high WoA:

WoA                          QL                      Δkm/h                WoA induced [(Δkm/h)-(QL induced Δkm/h)]

46                           40,85                   +0,72                  +0

57                           40,27                   +1,44                  +0,72

Conclusion

- The increased speed for equipped horseshoes is determined by the summed QL of all of them. There will be a increased speed as long as the summed QL is higher than a milestone.

- Saddles seem to have the same milestones as horseshoes regarding their QL.

- WoA shows an increased speed if the single enchant reaches a milestone. It does not add up.

- WoA milestones are 50, 70* and 90* power.

- Every milestone adds 0,72 km/h for hoseshoes, saddles and enchants.

* Estimated by the wiki milestones since they seem to be correct for WoA.

I hope that this helps with open questions and frequently started discussions.

Edited by Nekoras
  • Like 4

So, 4 horses shoes of 20ql act as 1 horse shoe at 80ql?

That's interesting. I always thought that four 20Q horseshoes were "pointless" but I guess not!

Nice work and interesting.

From the reference milestone thread:

100QL  +1

110QL  +2

180QL  +3

240QL  +4

Do you know how the milestones progress beyond 240 ?  I see no rhyme or reason in the table, there's a transition at 110QL (+10QL from 100), one at 180QL (+70 from 110), one at 240QL (+60) so is the next one at 300, 310 or ?

Edit: removed question about 39 cast.  Brash caught my error,  I overlooked shoe QL change.

Edited by belthize

Is the 1.44 speed gain for 39 horseshoe WOA cast above is  a transcription error and really ought to be .72.

I thought it meant that the WOA added nothing (as per last column)  but in this case the horseshoe quality had jumped a  rank or two.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

The milestones for the QL are a bit tricky. To be honest: I have no idea how they calculate. But i know that it's not really a static milestone. The combined values of two 40QL horseshoes have other milestones than a 20QL and 60QL horseshoe. They seem to be pretty near tho. A high QL might lower the milestones a bit too.

The only reference i have above 240QL is 275QL hitting the +5 milestone.

Edited by Nekoras

I am pretty sure that there is another milestone for woa at 100. I did some testing a while back and it seems to give more speed boost than a 96woa shoe both horse shoe during the test was at 92ql.

I am pretty sure that there is another milestone for woa at 100. I did some testing a while back and it seems to give more speed boost than a 96woa shoe both horse shoe during the test was at 92ql.

I didn't notice any such bonus with shoes over w100 compared to shoes between w90 and w100 when I tested it. Clearly we'll need to test again.

I like to believe in the results of this shoes test especially when it does not contradict much with what I previously learned. The little it contradict with old information is merely setting some questions with probable answers. Without much depth in testing I remember we put some 30ql horse shoes and noticed a speed increase so for the quality the 50/70/90 rule was allways inconsistent. Its good to know that there is tresholds and its simply the combined qualities, not single ones.

I like to believe in that because it also, in the end, puts not much difference how I perceive for example making and selling 90+ql/90+power sets of horse shoes, every number amount to more speed as far as theyre meeting the tresholds rule.

The milestones is not set. I had past the milestone during one of my test. Went afk then rode again on the same setup and I no longer get the speed bonus. Yes I repaired and QL added up was the same before. Rode around even longer and still did not get the speed bonus. A friend gets this also.

So if you think you find the milestone, give it like -/+ 10QL.

It strongly depends on the horse too, sometimes horses seam to run faster/slower that they actually should.