Sign in to follow this  
Hashirama

Impalong

All details will be provided here in some days..trying to get the new players to come and enjoy.

Link for the dragonslaying: 
http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/104944-public-slaying-champion-green-dragon-in-support-of-impalong/

The impalong is going to take place next weekend..everyone is invited..there will be sparring arena..sermon house ..cart racings and all cool events..new players can get their stuff improved my the hardcore vets of wurm online.

In am impalong everyone helps each other and improves their stuff for free..its a nice way to unite the community and have loads of fun.

Everyone please do come :)

Update: So we are all going crazy on the deed..working on everything to prepare for the impalong..so far we have made favor arrangements enough for 300 coc casts...but working on getting more favor...so all priests can come by and enchant the tools for the event..favor will be provided to them :)

We have also started up on making the place for smithing..and crafting..the smithing and crafting zone will be in close range with the altars so that the priests can benefit more from the sermons. 

Things we will need before saturday:
Hides and leather of all QL
Fur (missing the bears :( )
Favor items ( have a lot..but if someone wants to donate..it would be great)
A high miner ( to mine an entire vein of iron as high QL iron will be needed) (Pick with high woa and coc will be provided)

Hall of Champions (idea credit Battlepants)
-A moderately sized building to commemorate all of the Champions of Impalong. What does it take to be a Champion? Just attend Impalong and party with us - you are not required to improve or enchant anything (but it is appreciated). In this building, we are assembling a huge cluster of statues, each to be made in the image that the individual champions sees themselves!

Test of strength!
-Fight with might and believe the hype! Come here and test your mettle against the other great fighters of Impalong!

-Fight with might and believe the hype! Come here and test your mettle against the other great fighters of Impalong!

I will be online at 5-6pm CEST..on Saturday...and it would be nice if everyone could get online at that time..the location for the impalong is T 18 (south eastern side) in game map of Xanadu..Konoha is the village name and neighbouring villages are : Dark citadel and Cair Lorn...its a deed accessible by sea so there should be no problem finding it.

Pls refer the last comment by me for info on whats ready and whats being done..the forges and all will be ready tonight...see ya all at Konoha :)

wurm201407051436_zps2fce617c.jpg

wurm201407051436_1_zps13a63338.jpg

Edited by Hashirama

Reserved!

Damn am so silly..forgot the priests who always love and care for us:

Categories for rewards to priest:

1) High Fo priest(who will cast heal)  = thrice as much $ as normal players

2) High Mag priest able to cast smite = thrice as much $ as normal players
3) Linking Fo priest =1.5x $ as normal players ( each priest must bring gems with favor to cast light of fo twice)
4) Linking Mag priest = 1.5x as much $ as normal players (each priest should bring gems with favor to assist high priest of fo cast light of fo twice)

Edited by Hashirama

Has anyone even tried to kill a champion dragon yet? Is it even possible? 

Edit: Well without a good organised team that is.. 

Edited by Kegan

I'm not sure that you would be able to sell the drops for enough to distribute a few silver to every person that attends, but I might be wrong. Either way, good luck with the attempt!

worst case scenario is a few dozen dead 1FS people.

anyways, I think I'm gonna agree with your original plan to simply bury it after killing it, it seems far more fair to me.

Edited by williamwierd

Not with allowing people with 1fs to take up part of your 20 fighters that can fight a mob at once, and especially not without the fo's and mags you would need...

Not with allowing people with 1fs to take up part of your 20 fighters that can fight a mob at once, and especially not without the fo's and mags you would need...

Just an idea to solve the problem, how about sending in all the 1fs fighters in first? If dragons really do have massive regen, it's obvious the 1fs will be more of a nuissance than a help. Worst case scenario they actually help a fair bit and it gives a headstar for the real fighters.

and as for the priest comment, it seems he's planning to compensate them somehow [09:53:09] <Hashirama> yea ofcourse..priests will get something.

Edited by williamwierd
  • Like 1

I will change this to a maybe depending on time and further developments  . More information is needed.

The thread is a good read.

Edited by Chiqa

Hmmm, sounds challenging. Depending on the wind and exact salying date and place i would join.

i think we should get an answer soon

The forest giant here was a champion as well and he has been killed (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/103877-public-event-champion-forest-giant/)

Anyway lately i see a lot of people organizing public unique slaying, a good thing for the community, it's a way to gather people in PvE and having fun and it change from the ninja slaying we used to see.

I would be glad to come even if i die there, 74FS with huge axe.

thank you for the public event

I'm not sure that you would be able to sell the drops for enough to distribute a few silver to every person that attends, but I might be wrong. Either way, good luck with the attempt!

Would only be among those who successfully hit it, I'd expect around 30ish then. And assuming no Valerie item so bone and skull, probably looking at 1 ish silver per looter. And up to maybe 11ish each if the Valerie item drops and sells well

I'd recommend doing the auction for items on the spot though. So people can walk away with their rewards. Otherwise you'll end up with a large chunk being lost to cod costs because ,any wont be from the area.

Anyway. Sign me up. Ill be there with myself and my mag, so 2 fighters total

When is this happenenijg exactly though?

There's a reason you typically see experienced players organizing a dragon slaying, there's more to it than just getting critical mass and whacking at it.

Xallo knows what he's doing and we had a pretty reasonable group for the white on Exodus, just about the easiest dragon there is, and we wiped.  We came right back and killed it but the first attempt was a bit of a fiasco.  (sorry Xallo :) )

I get the desire to come up with new novel ways to distribute loot, that's great but it is going to require more organization than this unless you just want to see the largest PvE wipe in Wurm history which I'd absolutely be down to watch (watch not participate in).  The time and energy expended is exactly why experienced organizers pay themselves/team in Valrei drops.  They organize a *successful* kill that gives everyone there blood and a title (title bugs not withstanding) in exchange for the drop.

Anyway good luck.  If this actually works and you kill a champ plus wipe out 50+ folks it will go down in history so there's that.

And to clarify I really do hope you get a large crowd and manage to kill it, just skeptical.

Edited by belthize
  • Like 4

Am not saying weak people to jump in...its always seen that 70+ FS peeps hardly land hits on normal dragons..and its a champ..so that will be very difficult...but if someone with less fs still lands a hit...i dont mind sharing some of the reward with them..they actually stood in front knowing that they would die...and i believe we need atleast 50 fighters with 70+ fs as champ mobs are very very strong compared to normal ones.
New players will not be able to land hits ofcourse...they can bandage or do archery...anything that helps...and ofcourse...its as per everyone's wish to come..our performance affects the reward..everyone has a role..and thats what makes it very interesting.

Interesting concept but I have a few questions/comments:

• All you have to do is land a hit? and as soon as you land one hit you can get the same reward as someone that lands 50?
  • a bit much on the priests, dont you think?
  • Some meet point/start location would be nice, as well with a timer
  • The auctioning part should be done by someone that is good at selling and is trustworthy
  • someone needs to be next to the dragon but not fight (trustworthy) so we can get a complete battlelog without the possiblity of losing logs if the person is thrown away
  • How will you send us silvers, through mail? who pays the COD? what if we get 30c each and 20c is COD?
  • Like 2

Ehemm ... this is on OUR deed, and WE have been dealing with that little terror since days, I don't think you have seen the dragon yourself at all. much less trying to survive his daily visits. The screenshot you posted came from Z, and was made from the top of our house ... so nice of you to ask us really ... /sarcasm  ;)

Anyways if ppl gather, we can supply some cotton, and there are 3 altars on the deed, one for each god. There are 2 piers to moor the ships, and also we have some horses if anybody needs one. 

Edit: I'm not paying anybody anything .. that's all on Hashirama

Edited by Nikab
  • Like 3

Ehemm ... this is on OUR deed, and WE have been dealing with that little terror since days, I don't think you have seen the dragon yourself at all. much less trying to survive his daily visits. The screenshot you posted came from Z, and was made from the top of our house ... so nice of you to ask us really ... /sarcasm  ;)

Anyways if ppl gather, we can supply some cotton, and there are 3 altars on the deed, one for each god. There are 2 piers to moor the ships, and also we have some horses if anybody needs one. 

Edit: I'm not paying anybody anything .. that's all on Hashirama

where are you located? even a rough estimate.

Xanadu is huge, and i'm thinking it might not be worth the trip if its too far.

Dude, really?

This champ griefed us for days and i warned the neighbours, thats why i sent pics... its even attacked me inside an arched walled house, on-deed.

I said, we try to locate it again, then make a forum post... you will drop a deed for the loot, mhm... good luck.

Interesting concept but I have a few questions/comments:

• All you have to do is land a hit? and as soon as you land one hit you can get the same reward as someone that lands 50?
  • a bit much on the priests, dont you think?
  • Some meet point/start location would be nice, as well with a timer
  • The auctioning part should be done by someone that is good at selling and is trustworthy
  • someone needs to be next to the dragon but not fight (trustworthy) so we can get a complete battlelog without the possiblity of losing logs if the person is thrown away
  • How will you send us silvers, through mail? who pays the COD? what if we get 30c each and 20c is COD?

1) Yes..thats the way its going to be..still no one can idle out..its a team fight..have to stand in front and fight..it heals to 100% health in 1 minute. Some players may think that they might go back after hitting once..but lack of participation may caus the dragon to survive..meaning all the players would do and no reward for anyone...we cant give out rewards based on number of hits..if that was the case no one would bother trying to kill the dragon and would just stand back for blood. Am sure there can be a criteria for "people scoring more than 10 hits" and all that...but it cant be decided until we have many people with many opinions trying to get to a way of 'fair' slayings.

2) Well..there will be 1 or 3 main casters..so i believe they should get that much caus our lives will be in their hands..their capability..to cast spells...will save us all.
3) I agree..atm my friend is trying to find the dragon...it doesnt have a location as default..and it wanders around anywhere. strange AI behaviour..seeing this for the 1st time myself. But rest assured when we have it in sight..we wont let it go out of vision. And cant give a timer until we know where it is exactly.
4) There will be probably 50+ people there..many will want to buy the valerie drops..so its the best thing to do..auction it here and sell it..distribute the reward...wont be a problem with the auctioning.

5) I count it as a very good suggestion u made..yea i have an alt. which can do that.

6) Well we will certainly get more than 20 c..dont wry about it :) And if every fighter gets like 1 silver..then i will mail it to them..cod cost cut will give em 80 copper (not gonna pay out of my pocket).

Dude, really?

This champ griefed us for days and i warned the neighbours, thats why i sent pics... its even attacked me inside an arched walled house, on-deed.

I said, we try to locate it again, then make a forum post... you will drop a deed for the loot, mhm... good luck.

Dude, really?

Mate..located it..its on my deed..it just killed my cousin..he can keep an eye on it

i think we should get an answer soon

The forest giant here was a champion as well and he has been killed (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/103877-public-event-champion-forest-giant/)

Anyway lately i see a lot of people organizing public unique slaying, a good thing for the community, it's a way to gather people in PvE and having fun and it change from the ninja slaying we used to see.

I would be glad to come even if i die there, 74FS with huge axe.

thank you for the public event

Yes its possible...but  the dragon cannot be allowed to breathe even a little..has to be mag priests casting smite and retaining it on the dragon...also there should be 20 people always fighting it..so need backup..lots of backup.

Wouldn't it be smart to have list of fighters and fs and their weapon? What if you get 40 newbs to show up thinking their good fighters.

There is a certain time frame where dragons will out heal you... if this is stronger then a red dragon.. you want your best 20 fighters and not send in shitty fighters to soak up the damage because then you will have less time to kill the dragon..

Wouldn't it be smart to have list of fighters and fs and their weapon? What if you get 40 newbs to show up thinking their good fighters.

well thats what am waiting for...to people to post their fighting skill and weapon stats and all...we will need many 70+ fighters..