Sign in to follow this  
Urfaust

[pvp any] newb looking for a Teamspeak hating group

By that I don't mean any specific trademark nor software. I mean in general, the act of using my biological apparatus to generate accoustic waves, as a means of ingame communication.

I hate that, for reasons I won't be getting into.

I'm not looking for a TS using group that merely accepts non TS members. I'm asking if there is a group of people like me out there, who all deliberately don't use it, who burn any member caught using it at the stake, and feed their remains to venerable starving pigs.

• Like 1

For PvP, TS or a means of voice communication is essential, I highly doubt you will find a group that doesn't use it.

By that I don't mean any specific trademark nor software. I mean in general, the act of using my biological apparatus to generate accoustic waves, as a means of ingame communication.

I hate that, for reasons I won't be getting into.

I'm not looking for a TS using group that merely accepts non TS members. I'm asking if there is a group of people like me out there, who all deliberately don't use it, who burn any member caught using it at the stake, and feed their remains to venerable starving pigs.

Man I have news you probably won't believe -)

I hate ts, vent or other voice comm for lazy nuggets.

Played WAR for almost 3 years on pvp/rvr and never had problem. Its stupidy and laziness claiming its essential. 

If you use your brain and you are not lack of common sense you can do decent action without blah blah-tool.

I know and relalise benefits of ts ect but if it prevent me of listen the music anf be relaxed while playing I don't like it. Moreover I was with a party on ts and they have wiped while with randoms I did a World Boss (SWTOR) 

just using the "tools" mentioned above.

Atm playing RiFT.

• Like 1

Man I have news you probably won't believe -)

I hate ts, vent or other voice comm for lazy nuggets.

Played WAR for almost 3 years on pvp/rvr and never had problem. Its stupidy and laziness claiming its essential. 

If you use your brain and you are not lack of common sense you can do decent action without blah blah-tool.

I know and relalise benefits of ts ect but if it prevent me of listen the music anf be relaxed while playing I don't like it. Moreover I was with a party on ts and they have wiped while with randoms I did a World Boss (SWTOR) 

just using the "tools" mentioned above.

Atm playing RiFT.

Those games need any voice comms???

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 30, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 30, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

Join KoS. Is your name Gary by any chance?

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 30, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 30, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

Or MR will take ya they got a guy just like you.

ROFL none of those games listed are games that NEED voice comms. Try playing a PvP game like darkfall or even call of duty on a competitive level without voice comm.

Now I understand not everyone takes PvP in games to a hard core level but I can assure you even the weakest guild wants to win a bit.

One other thing about voice comms that many seem to not realize is that voice comms is just like meeting people in real life. You break the ice you chit chat about nothing at all sometimes... you have some laughs while playing a game you play for enjoyment and it really brings a group together by far more then any group that doesn't use comms.

In my time of gaming I've meet people and have become IRL friends with people I met over games.. some of you may think that is weird but its no different then meeting someone at your local pub and chatting away.

One other thing about voice comms that many seem to not realize is that voice comms is just like meeting people in real life.

That's exactly the problem. After a whole real day of meeting yapping real people, it's good to finally meet some quiet, completely fake people, in a completely fake world, but it completely destroys the immersion, hearing them talking exactly like your neighbour's kid.

Using an imaginary RPG world meant to break you from reality for a while, as it was another RL chat hangout kinda defeats the purpose.

ROFL none of those games listed are games that NEED voice comms. Try playing a PvP game like darkfall or even call of duty on a competitive level without voice comm.

If they don't, neither does Wurm.

Funny you compare an RPG with lengthy, idle text driven auto combat to dexterity games like CoD, where every finger counts.

Join my ts I speak the proper queens english. If I am in the middle of a fight is it possible to stop and text type directions to my allies? lol...

I mean your idea can work possibly you just have to play like gavin or gary and stay at the back of fights or dont even engage or come out unless you are assured victory by overwhelming numbers, unless you wanna be that guy you arent going to have much success in pvp without coms.

Edited by Youngsoldier
  • Like 1

Join my ts I speak the proper queens english.

Yet another drawback.

While most people can read and write webbish pretty well, many have trouble understanding spoken english dialects. That encourages grouping by language.

Not to mention many features that potentially can be figured out: age, sex, race, social status.

Yet more real world limitations and divisions introduced into virtual worlds.

Fortunately video comms aren't popular yet.

If I am in the middle of a fight is it possible to stop and text type directions to my allies? lol...

Sure it is.

Any pre-arranged system of rules and simple commands would work better than simultaneous yapping.

Anyway, that's a moot point, I noticed voice comms are being used outside of pvp as well.

Voice comms are used for better communication in PvP as well as just for casual chit chat while playing a game that at times can put you to sleep.

I have never seen a separation like you mentioned due to not understanding dialects. Now what I have seen which I don't like is a large group always having split up voice comm groups like you were back in highschool.

Thing about voice comms is its not for everyone, but don't fault people/ groups for wanting to use it to get a tighter knit group working together. Some of us will try to provide many situations as to why its good so outsiders and people who have never used comms can possibly feel a bit more comfy trying it out.

One last thing, there are normally quiet channels set up in every server because at times that's what people want but at the same time they can be quickly contacted by a set up command key in case players in different channels are needed.

Good luck with what you are looking for. There are still some groups out there that don't use comms but I don't know how active they would be in a PvP setting.

How can you move your character in a fight and type at the same time? You use the same keys to move as to spell.

This hurts my brain >.<

Oh incompetent people, I wonder why you exist.

I played a small indie game for a while that had open world pvp much like Wurm. However, after many of the players bitched about not being able to communicate effectively in combat without voice comms and claiming that voice comms should not be a requirement to pvp, the developer introduced chat invulnerability - when you hit your chat key you become invulnerable until you cancel or send your message.

Needless to say the game was abandoned the following week and the server closed down.

If you rely on text to communicate in any pvp engagement, you're probably going to die.

That said, if you can make it work for you, fair play.

How can you move your character in a fight and type at the same time? You use the same keys to move as to spell.

You get good at typing extremely fast of course.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why are you moving constantly while being in a Wurm fight?

Dodging the text messages system throws at you? Distracting an opponent to prevent him from focusing?

Heck, there are even those actions which require you to stand still, like focusing or shooting, long enough to compose and write down a short poem.

This is a quite idle game people, compared to the forementioned CoD and the likes.

The angle between your shield and enemy is factored into block chances so you move to get behind their shields and to keep them infront of yours. Different weapons also have different ranges so you're moving to keep yourself in optimal range/keep opponent out of it. Further too that there are terrain advantages and height advantages.

The angle between your shield and enemy is factored into block chances so you move to get behind their shields and to keep them infront of yours.

Whist suffering hit and parry penalties, burning stamina, and all the other guy has to do is nudge his mouse.

Sure you can.