Sign in to follow this  
Gianna

Wagon/Cart Speed as a function of QL

Increase the speed of carts and wagons based on the quality. Not very much just a bit to make quality matter in some small way.

• Like 4

-1, carts are fine for most players, i think, and would rather see this concept on boats.

-1, carts are fine for most players, i think, and would rather see this concept on boats.

Why not both?

+1 for carts and boats having more speed from ql. (+1kmh per 10 ql would probably be a good mark?)

• Like 5

Why not both?

+1 for carts and boats having more speed from ql. (+1kmh per 10 ql would probably be a good mark?)

so an 80ql cart would have +8km to speed while rare only gives +1.....

Maybe if it started at 50ql, Im not totally against cart ql affecting its speed but it is needed more so on boats imo.

Edited by lawurm

so an 80ql cart would have +8km to speed while rare only gives +1.....

Maybe if it started at 50ql, Im not totally against cart ql affecting its speed but it is needed more so on boats imo.

Well, rare bonuses are meant to be small or even tiny, so...

+1 to 1 km/h more every 10 ql both while using then on foot and while driving, currently there is no point in imping carts above ql 10.

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 1

huge -1 for 1km/10ql.  These things are easy as heck to imp, max should be 3-4.  50ql 1/km 70ql 2/km 90 3/km Imo.

With correct gear, cart's already go buggishly fast.

So, do +1 for every 20ql starting at 40 then, bonus at 80ql would be +4km, or +0.5km/10 ql starting at 50 ...  Point is a well crafted (high ql) cart, wagon, boat, or ship should be faster imo. Adjust the bonus as needed for balance. I think it's silly to only allow the horse's traits to add to a wagon's speed (for instance).

Edited by geode

Perhaps for the small cart, removing the hindrance of dragging it up to the point where at 90+ql you walk with it at no base speed penalty?  Then following suit with the large cart & wagon

On 6/21/2014 at 2:41 PM, lawurm said:

this concept is already on boats...

edit: just noticed someone resurrected a 3 year old thread! thanks Steveleeb

Edited by Bramson
  • Like 1

QL of the cart/wagon should add a little bit of something to speed, a rarity should add a little bit of something special to speed, and I've always thought a Wind of Ages cast (by definition) should make a cart faster.  :)