Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Steppe spawn - still waiting..

I was wondering how long it takes for the server to recognize planted steppe and start spawning animals? I have an island on Xanadu and i have planted about 120 tiles i guess in steppe. The steppe is all perimeter but not deeded yet because i was waiting on this to see if i can get some bison and maybe a hell horse pair.  Has any of you tried this and if so how long did it take? Also do you have any advice that might speed up the process? 

Edited by Kegan

with sand i started to get crocos and scorpions quite fast, but that was in 8x smaller server - celebration.

Xanadu is very big, so it might take little longer to get sone hh / bison to spawn.

But if you can, try to make as big steppe spot as possible, when you got a male+female pair, dig it down =)

sadly youll keep waiting, and youll need to do alot more then 120 iles. the steppe needs to be Far from a deed, least 60 tiles+  need least 300 steppe to encourage a spawn.  However ya might not ever get one,  i live on hermit island on indy, i spent a year geting animals, youll spend a year getting yours also :-P

It would make things so much easier if they were to let us haul tame animals in crates or something across water. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

sadly youll keep waiting, and youll need to do alot more then 120 iles. the steppe needs to be Far from a deed, least 60 tiles+  need least 300 steppe to encourage a spawn.  However ya might not ever get one,  i live on hermit island on indy, i spent a year geting animals, youll spend a year getting yours also :-P

every tile outside deed counts, even perimeter.

and they can spawn even in as small as 3x3 steppe area, just need some luck.

Edited by silakka

I have had scorpions spawn on my sand pit of 2x2 guess i will give it more time. I did get a goblin hut on the island but no goblins yet they might just have the spawns turned down still on Xanadu but others talk about large masses of animals in areas. I think it needs looked at the spawns seem strange here i seen a ss of like 50 sharks in a small area and nothing around them then the next day they were gone. Not sure what they have going on. 

As an anecdote, Rose's deed on Magincia made a steppe area about 200 tiles I'd say, they had it for a year maybe, and as far as I know didn't spawn much, no bison in that year or so.

all depends on how close the deed is Cista, it was ha to be far from any deed to get it to pump out spawns, even then the rate is low.