Sign in to follow this  
Sohdra

Needed Updates to Deed Security on PvE

Deeds need to become more secure in the PvE environment especially pertaining to crafted items like ships being built on deed.

If one is building a ship and has one piece left to place to finish the creation, it should be able to be left until the person whom you intend ownership of it can come with your permission to finish it. I believe that people with shoreline properties should not have to build inside a building and use the "ship transporter," if they want to build a ship. It makes little sense that one cannot build a ship on a deed tile right next to the water without the possibility of some random player coming, finishing it, and leaving with it, even with the deed roles being locked to the public. As people pay for deeds and maintainence of them, it is not unreasonable to have some expectation of security on those tiles, in the PvE environment. I do realize that such a suggestion would not work in the PvP environment, due to the mechanics and type of game play. The members in my alliance all believe that PvE deeds should have ironclad security for all containers and crafted items and I speak for all of us.

Moreover, if this idea of securing crafted items like ships cannot be implemented due to coding or another unforeseeable mechanical issue, than at the very least, there should be some sort of event logging system or tool that GMs can use to help with recovery or find out where it has gone other than using "tracking." A player can track. GMs should have access to other tools to assist them with this.  In the event they have been provided such tools, I then must pose the question, why are they not being used?

Finally, most new players are not aware of this type of situation and would assume the safety of items they are crafting on their deeds and the safety of containers on their deeds, whether inside a building or not. Issues of this nature could likely cause a domino effect with player retention, as people will become frustrated, that they cannot have security on spaces they pay to rent in the game and items they make can go missing without support being able to asisst them more, than telling them that "it's a costly lesson." Overall, it can equate to a loss of revenue and bad name developing for Wurm, which would be a shame, especially with all the new players we are expecting to join this gaming community.

• Like 2

Dont allow noncitizens to pick up anything in the settlement form. 

+1 for Sohdra. System of permissions still needs a small upgrade. One additional checkbox should not be hard to add.

I agree entirely - this is something that needs looking at. A clear, easily understandable option has to be in the deed options so that you can be sure that someone cannot take a ship that is being built without permission.

It is very important as shipbuilding is a past-time that requires considerable investment of time and therefore real life money in terms of premium and deed costs.

A GM answer of "tough" is not a very good way to treat paying game members.

Put it back the way it was years ago, last in inventory is the owner, any reason why something that worked for years was changed?

It's not the 1st time that Sohdra had items disapear from her deed, from what she told us she has received very little support about it

which I find truely disrespectful considering she does contribute to keeping this game going withe the money she spends on a large deed and premium every month, this is not cool, respect your paying customers please.

Wurm has a bad habit of not warning its players of "costly mistakes".  And by costly mistakes...I mean, the mistakes the developers made by not having the foresight to see that this might become an issue.  A costly mistake they made, but loyal customers like Sohdra have paid for.

As long as the setting is not done like butcher. For example now if you carry a mob in your inventory and go on a deed if they have the setting to no butcher for non citizens then you cant even butcher the one you carried in. I would hate to not be able to imp items on me when i visit other deeds.

I believe a setting which decides who can finish items (and thereby take over ownership of said items) outside inventory would be all that is needed to prevent this kind of incident

I like the current way this works especially since the deed permission changes.

Secure your stuff.

however +1 for the check box to add/finish crafting as it gives players more control over there game investment/s.

edit: changed -1 to a +1 after having a longer think about it.

Edited by lawurm