Sign in to follow this  
Sevenless

Armor Crunch - v1.01 UI improved, Addy/Glim/Seryl plate added

Sorry about that :) Have you tested that glance rates follow the same formula as damage reduction?

At the moment it's an untested, but reasonable assumption. All of the glance values are easily converted into the "armor" formula used for DR with relatively flat values, and I found a report of the % values in a post about armor abilities. I just reversed the formula to figure out what the armor value would be (it's displayed at the bottom of the spreadsheet). I'm intending to do some testing on that when I do my testing on damage type spreads for the different weapons.

Took me a while to understand what each value and formula is.

Can you leave some information in the OP?

What each value means (net use, net effect, combat, etc.)

And the sources where you got the original numbers.

Took me a while to understand what each value and formula is.

Can you leave some information in the OP?

What each value means (net use, net effect, combat, etc.)

And the sources where you got the original numbers.

Sounds like a plan. I think I'll do that now since my Fo priest finally hit land :)

Updated. The data primarily comes from Hussar's post on Armour values. I'm just further crunching the numbers for overall effects on damage taken and making the assumption that glance rates use the same formula (It's correct at 100q either way, just lower ql comparisons would be wrong if it doesn't use the same formula).

Now I'll start a complete overhaul on the look and move the ugly stuff to a secondary sheet so it's not visible and confusing.

Edited by Sevenless

plate made of seryll/glimmer > scale/addy plate > hide/regular plate > chain > std leather > leather > cloth

if we're talking about damage mitigation, not considering glance rates etc. Good job, I like it.

Implement addy, seryll and glimmer ;)

Edited by Arkhir

plate made of seryll/glimmer > scale/addy plate > hide/regular plate > chain > std leather > leather > cloth

if we're talking about damage mitigation, not considering glance rates etc. Good job, I like it.

Oh sure :) The values are right in hussar's post. I'll add that with my update.

Updated: Improved readability (I hope), added addy/glimmer/seryll plate.

New Assumptions: Addy/glim/seryll use plate glance values. The stated DR value of 15 for seryll from the wiki is accurate.

As always if you know one of my assumptions is wrong, please inform me, point me at collected data, and I'll fix things up. This assumption is based on a complete lack of information saying otherwise, but should really be checked imo.

Edited by Sevenless

Not sure what you mean, online spreadsheet?

I'm very new to google stuff, bit of a dinosaur in that sense.

The issue I can see with that: If I make an online spreadsheet, either it's unmodifiable (my graphic is enough in that case), or everyone can modify it simultaneously.

It would be really weird if two people were using it at the same time wouldn't it?

There's a difference between flat damage reduction (plate gives 70% of that at q100) and effective damage mitigation (plate gives 77.5%->88.0% depending on the specific damage type in question).

Lets say you have 100 maul hits. 25% of those are glanced since mauling damage has a 25% glance rate against plate at q100. That leaves 75 hits that land on you. Plate now reduces 70% of the damage, so only 30% of that damage actually shows up on the character screen. That means you actually take 75 * 0.3 damage, or effectively the damage of a full 22.5 hits.

22.5 is damage taken, 100 - 22.5 is the damage reduced. Therefor your net reduction is 77.5% damage. This number isn't obvious though because it's hard to eyeball total damage reduction when some just never hits you, and what's left is reduced by a percentage.

Side note: 90%? No where on that table does any armour exceed 90% reduction. The highest in the game is plate's 88% reduction to piercing damage. I realize the UI is pretty messy and I'm intending to update it, it's not really overly friendly.

I like this example, it explains most of the numbers just fine.

But why does a maul only do 1 dmg per hit? If it did 2 per hit, then wouldn't your net reduction be 100 - 45 = 55%?

Edited: Hmm, I guess your 100 is the total damage if the dmg is 1 on every hit for 100 hits.

It would be 200 in my example so same net reduction.

I like this example, it explains most of the numbers just fine.

But why does a maul only do 1 dmg per hit? If it did 2 per hit, then wouldn't your net reduction be 100 - 45 = 55%?

Edited: Hmm, I guess your 100 is the total damage if the dmg is 1 on every hit for 100 hits.

It would be 200 in my example so same net reduction.

^_^ I actually never specify the damage because it's meaningless for that equation so long as it's constant (which it is if we exclude RNG, and in the long run RNG does become excludable over infinite hits).

Nah gotcha, thought 100 was a constant and it was never mentioned the dmg was an example and the total is the total damage added. Took some late night thinking to get that :P

chain is actually better against axes then plate and studded leather is better against mauls.

or did i read it wrong?:P

In the glance percentages it says ring scale and splint.

Did i miss something? Are there new armours to be added soon?

In the glance percentages it says ring scale and splint.

Did i miss something? Are there new armours to be added soon?

Armor that was announced ~a year ago, nothing has been said about it since,

Can someone post a version of this spreadsheet that is not password protected (why does it need a password?) or is an .xlsx? Excel cannot open Open Office sheets which are protected.