Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 22

So everyone should get drake/scale armor? Would that balance it enough to make you happy?

Almost everyone has drake armour already.

There is no one on the old servers that can sell studded leather or chain armour, because there is too much drake in circulation already.

Is that the actual Xanadu map? I thought I read it was 3x bigger than any other server? I see it as only 2x bigger than the largest?

Its 4x the size of indi and chaos.

I like everything, except that chaos did not get added to rotation on its west side. Make it happen Rolf.

The hell with drake and scale, make other types or armors that are actually balanced. You guys started to talk about it, put it in one of the news updates and its never again heard about. While balancing armor balance weapons at the same time.

Is Xanadu a premium only server?

no

So what is that special about it apart from beeing a new land?

One of the problems I found with the current unique system was how EASY it is to get full butchers - especially on dragons.

All you need is 50 butchering and a 95ql butcher knife and you'll pretty much have an 85% chance to butcher each hide - it's crazy.

I did suggest a few years back to bump up the difficulty, Player's don't really need a reason to skill butchering high because you only require a good ql knife.

Can somebody explain to me how this new system is going to work? From the sounds of it - it seems drake will need drake hide to be improved? Is this the case? While I agree it makes the armour much more rare but it you still get the whole 'one man controlling the price' situation.

I figure barely any players have full drake hides left to imp their armour so would have to rely on services of the usual suspects to get their armour imped. - Am I wrong here?

• Like 2

With that connection style, I wonder how much Deli will become a trade hub since it's now the portal for both Xanadu and Chaos exits so to speak.

Have South Celebration hook to north Inde be nice.

• Like 1

One of the problems I found with the current unique system was how EASY it is to get full butchers - especially on dragons.

All you need is 50 butchering and a 95ql butcher knife and you'll pretty much have an 85% chance to butcher each hide - it's crazy.

I did suggest a few years back to bump up the difficulty, Player's don't really need a reason to skill butchering high because you only require a good ql knife.

Can somebody explain to me how this new system is going to work? From the sounds of it - it seems drake will need drake hide to be improved? Is this the case? While I agree it makes the armour much more rare but it you still get the whole 'one man controlling the price' situation.

I figure barely any players have full drake hides left to imp their armour so would have to rely on services of the usual suspects to get their armour imped. - Am I wrong here?

That's not what it says, it says that only a little hide/scale will be dropped by each dragon to try to keep up with the natural loss of armor through decay / accounts retiring but not introduce too much new drake into the system.

It was this line which made me think of the above:

In lines with this I would further want to hint that instead, the uniques will start dropping materials that can be used to improve items

Vague but makes it would like the Epic dragon imping code.

Or imping our chain/plate/leather to become more than it is today is how I interpret it. 

Why do we need better armor for PvE anyway? You need to add more PvE group content for that to become any use. 

The way I read it is we will now need drake and scale to improve. Which sucks because now with that there would be even more of a monopoly on the drake then there was before and the prices will be driven up. 

• Like 1

Controversies aside just wanted to say ...

Welcome to the world P/R!

• Like 2

When I first started this game my biggest disappointment was that there were no living dragons.  They are prominently displayed in the advertising for the game and it is disheartening to learn they aren't available for new players to even see.  The current system isn't 'balanced' at all unless you are referring to semi-stable pricing.  As a newer player it is infuriating that no amount of skill or teamwork would have allowed me to obtain either of the top 2 armors.  The only option is to pay another player 50-250eu to get it.  

As for the problem with Chaos I think it needs to be connected to the east side of p&r at the very least.  I personally would have liked to see Xanadu placed in the center, Cele to the south, p&r to the east, chaos to the north, and Indy/deli/exo to the west.

• Like 3

Im kinda happy with where they are putting this because it makes my idea for my personal trading market to work out way better. I live right on release west coast so its kinda awesome.

Crossing a border (i.e. the West border of Xanadu) can only take you to one other server (i.e. Deli).   It's the same for Chaos ... you can only go to Deli from Chaos.  Just a limitation of how border crossings are coded.

It would be nice to have finer control, or even a selection box of servers to cross too.  I don't expect to see that soon though.

I like everything, except that chaos did not get added to rotation on its west side. Make it happen Rolf.

Agreed, chaos west side to connect to P&R

Crossing a border (i.e. the West border of Xanadu) can only take you to one other server (i.e. Deli).   It's the same for Chaos ... you can only go to Deli from Chaos.  Just a limitation of how border crossings are coded.

It would be nice to have finer control, or even a selection box of servers to cross too.  I don't expect to see that soon though.

At least we can fast travel a little through Xanadu now and not Chaos  :)

Controversies aside just wanted to say ...

Welcome to the world P/R!

Thank you!

• Like 1

Currently the market as we see it is in balance and we do not want to further push towards the armor becoming to standardized.

I'm done with this crap.

Translation: Our buddies here at code club which are Volunteers or their friends haven't made enough money out of the game yet, so its not quite ready to change.

Are you even aware at how freaking overpriced the items are? 100€ or 1 Gold or more? That's the equivalent of 10 months premium money YOU'LL NEVER SEE, or do you think even if they're paying for it in gold they'll buy the gold from you?

Wake up ffs.

• Like 6

I was always excited for these posts but these days its all freedom/xanaru and decoration stuff xD

Poor us on epic

Edited by LorenaMontana