Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Option to birth traitless animals.

As the title states. I'm not sure if it should only work with parents that don't currently have traits.  I wouldn't have a problem with permanently altering my animal(s) so it will produces traitless offspring for the rest of its life.

This would include the negative traits that might be introduced from inbreeding.

Why would you want farm animals with no traits?

Less work and less animals to provide care. I could get by with the 4 horses (technically 2 but wagon needs 4) needed to pull my Wagon with this. They would also be the breeders to make replacements. Acquiring simplicity in exchange for giving up any potential traited advantages ( faster speeds, fighter).

Make it easier for me to take breaks from Wurm. My current horse stock took over a year to breed up to 5 speed traits. I feel compelled to keep breeding a small breeding pool just to maintain the animals. If I were to give up traited advantages and make due with tratiless horses it would free me up more. I really dislike it in games where there are mechanics that make me think "I have to log in and do x". In contrast, it should always be, " I feel like playing Wurm, lets do it!"

Another interesting point (this isn't my primary motive, I don't sell horses) is it would give breeders the option to prevent other people from using their horse to "copy" that breeders work in weeding out bad traits.

U are aware of the fact that horses can live for many weeks without food?