Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 21

lssnW21L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Another week has passed and so much is going on.

Preparations and excitement at the office as the release of Xanadu is drawing near.

But even though there is some further information related to that topic, this week has a strong marine theme.

So keep reading and I will take on a tour to show what is currently live on the test server!

Boats

Rowing%20BoatS.jpgSmall%20Sailing%20BoatS.jpg

KnarrS.jpgCogS.jpg

CorbitaS.jpgCaravelS.jpg

Click any of the images for a larger version!

All of the new boats are now live on the test server for the final stage of testing and tweaking.

They are all looking great but there is still some additions and changes needed to make them work as intended.

We are all very exited about them and are staying hopeful we will be able to finish them soon.

Tents

After receiving feedback from you about some unforeseen ways the tents functioned, and not, we have continued tweaking them.

As we are updating in the days to come we should see it getting resolved and also more information for the new player on how to use them.

There will be a new notification and section about the tents which will be added both in the tutorial, as a pop up and in the book of Wisdom.

Bridges

BridgeS.jpg

Tich is testing and pushing what can be done with bridges to find potential bugs but still makes it look impressive.

There is not much news since last week about the progress of bridges other then the pure fact that it keeps getting developed.

We are finding new things to address and fix along the way as we progress.

Notice that arched bridge in the background? I can only imagine what creative minds can build with these fluid and organic shapes.

Pristine and Release Vote & Ingame Voting System

Finally we have the tools at our disposal and the right occasion to bring this up again.

We are currently using our new ingame voting system to ask the premium players on Pristine and Release if they want to connect to Xanadu.

As all the other Freedom Islands will be connected to Xanadu they would all be able to travel to each other.

The way it would be set up is you have all the older freedom Islands on one side, lets say west of Xanadu.

Pristine and Release would then be placed on the far east side of Xanadu with no short cuts to either north or south.

You could say Xanadu would act as a large buffer zone but still make it possible to travel between all Islands on freedom.

If you are wondering how the Ingame Voting System works here you go!

First of, there is two ways the game makes you aware there is a current poll for you to take part in.

1, If you are in game whilst the poll is started you will receive the message:

"Poll for xxxxx is open, use /poll to participate."

2, If a poll has been started whilst you are offline you will upon logging in receive the message:

"There is a Poll available that you can vote on, use /poll to access it."

By entering /poll command and hitting enter you trigger an interface which shows the current polls available & viewable for you.

You then select any of these alternatives and press Send.

This takes you to your choice which is either a:

• Summary of a completed poll which simply shows you the result of it. 
  • Current poll and question which you can answer and press Send to cast your vote.
  • Current poll and your already cast vote (which can not be changed)

Seal

Seal.jpg

Cuteness overload anyone?

This lovely creature will as its appearance suggests not be aggressive.

It will wobble and swim its way around the coast lines and look at you with its puppy like eyes which is its foremost defense.

In other words, your conscience.

So I foresee a dense population of these as the Wurmians are such peace loving and caring individuals. Right? ;)

Visitors

VisitorsS.jpg

Wurmian invasion at the office!

Some of our dedicated local fans from Motala visited us at the office and got the grand tour of where the magic happens.

They got some sneak peaks at work in progress and a private Q & A with Rolf and myself.

It did not take long before the feature requests and feedback started to flow, I truly believe that is how you know you are dealing with a true Wurmian.

And is it not part of the whole experience?

To be an organic part of changing this world and through that form opinions and expertise about this big crazy thing that is Wurm Online?

I think it is important to realize that we are more then a game, we are also a community were both choices and voices affect one and all.

So thank you Swedish JKE-Squad for the visit!

Well, looking back at this post I realize it was still a pretty mixed one.

Marine theme or not, it is all good in the hood non the less.

Hopefully we can get into some more details soon about the uniques and loot system I mentioned last week.

But we still have some ways to go before inviting you in on the topic.

So whilst you are waiting, why not

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 31

The corb has a crows nest now and the cog doesn't?  Or am I way mixed up?

Those look SIIIIIIICK! :P

PS: Idk about yall but uh.......

My deed shall be filled with Bison and Seals!!!!!!

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 3

Is there an achievement for killing a Seal with a Troll Club? :D

BTW everything looks brilliant. I can't wait for the bridges! :wub:

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 10

2 weeks about to go better get your hustle on, lol

OKay now i want to put in a sand pond area to keep some seals..what do they eat fish i guess?

Seals... crabs... wow.. why did I ever sell my island

Can't wait for new ship models!

Looking royal

The boats looks really good =)

And i keep looking forward to the bridges, looks amazing

Preparations and excitement at the office as the release of Xanadu is drawing near.

But even though I will give you some further information on that topic, this week has a strong marine theme.

So keep reading and I will take for a tour on what is currently live on the test server!

So what information about xanadu? I didn't see any

The corb has a crows nest now and the cog doesn't?  Or am I way mixed up?

Looks like somebody messed up the titles on the pics LOL

• Like 2

Looks like somebody messed up the titles on the pics LOL

I was just loading up my test game to see but i think they got the corb and cog switched

Edited by Kegan

I'm going to need some alone time with that image of the bridges.

• Like 1

Looksgreat.. did you accidentaly swap the cog and corbita int hat picture? I think the cog has a crowsnest, not the corbita :)

The boats are nice. The seals are cute. But it's the bridges... Oh yes... the bridges... that will totally make my Wurm.

The bridges kind of scare me a little. I think they will be fine with time but the first few months they are going to be everywhere lets hope they have a decent amount of decay with them. 

Edited by Kegan

What happens in PVP with the bridges?

Lets say i destroy the house on each side, and players stay on it, can they stay there forever, unkilled, because you can't reach them until you actually make a house to reach it again, or can you catapult the birdges and then a part of it will fall down ? All players on it taking fall damage?

I was just loading up my test game to see but i think they got the corb and cog switched

Haha oh that would be my bad!

*Opening photoshop*

• Like 1

I love the new boat models! The caravel looks alot better and this model suits the fact that it's the biggest ship, makes me think of pirate ships. :)

All the other boat models look great too. Much prefer this corbita model over the current one.

The bridges... there's gonna be some serious building and bridge mania going on once they get added. It's scary yet exciting, I'm already thinking of all the possibilities now. :D

I like that suggested setup of the positioning of P+R cluster with Xanadu and the rest of the freedom cluster. Xanadu being the big hub that links all servers would be cool.

I think that any poll should pop up in a window that appears when the poll is made or as soon as you log in if a poll was made whilst you were offline. It's easy for the message to be overlooked in the crowded event window upon login or while crafting/afk.

I don't think I could ever kill a Seal. :unsure:  Only if I felt heartless or they had a butchering product I needed and one just happened to waddle along by... :ph34r:

Good news update!

Edited by Madt

if u can make a bridge go say 200+ tiles ur my heros! means i can connect hermit island to the mainland!  if it goes way way further can have a  normal bridge to eachside of the islands!

I remember someone posted an explanation of how the planning and building of bridges would work a while ago but I cant find it in search.

Does anyone remember where it was posted? Would like to know how bridges are going to be able to be planned and such.

But even though there is some further information related to that topic, this week has a strong marine theme.

Great teaser, where is that info hidden?

• Like 2

What happens in PVP with the bridges?

Lets say i destroy the house on each side, and players stay on it, can they stay there forever, unkilled, because you can't reach them until you actually make a house to reach it again, or can you catapult the birdges and then a part of it will fall down ? All players on it taking fall damage?

Just dont allow bridges on pvp servers till all the random issues are resolved and release them on freedom if it is a pvp issue then. good question though hehe.

Is there an achievement for killing a Seal with a Troll Club? :D

Awww! But have to admit I laughed.

Also that knarr ...   <3

tumblr_ml96twpAbn1rzpezvo1_500.jpg

Will dye show up on these new models? Or is that kind of a thing of the past. 

• Like 2