Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

New Caravel model on Test

Not sure if this was the MR version or for freedom but it has a red cross and looks amazing. I sure hope they get the depth sorted on them so they can be more usable because they are really nice...

Now the rest of the boats are on test too but i am just posting the caravel as it is my favorite one. :)

Forgzyo.jpg

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 11

ok, that looks so cool, I would actually get one just for the eye candy. :o

• Like 2

Unless they make some changes woodtype has no effect on them and i am okay with that they really look good. 

Rowboat, sailboat and knarr are at -5 depth.

Cog, caravel and corbita are at -20 depth.

Only thing we need fixed is allowing us to surface mine to -25 just like we can in cave. Currently we can only dig to -7 and surface mine down to -14.

Here are the rest of the pictures while I was on test few days ago.

mQuup2a.jpg

pcesThd.jpg

• Like 8

nice if they all have the same depth then caravels will finally get the respect they deserve 

Edited by Kegan

Really very nice, all new models look outstanding, and while will be a shame if they don´t show wood type anymore I can live with that.

• Like 1

Not sure if this was the MR version or for freedom but it has a red cross and looks amazing. I sure hope they get the depth sorted on them so they can be more usable because they are really nice...

Now the rest of the boats are on test too but i am just posting the caravel as it is my favorite one. :)

Forgzyo.jpg

Red cross is actually the Knight's Templar cross, or (most likely) a bad copy of the Order or Christ's Cross that would feature in Portuguese Caravels sails. (Order of Christ's cross isn't filled in the center).

So in other words probably doesn't have anything to do with MR (which last time i checked had nothing akin to a red cross in it), but its basically a common thing in Caravels (which are a Portuguese ship, hence the Portuguese's Order of Christ's symbol in the sails).

Anyhow, finally the pretty boats (and more important, sitting in them, and not having to look at a sail when sailing, and actually see where we're going) are here!!

Edited by KanePT

It'll help me determine if it is a caravel or a cog :P

These look fantastic.  is that a Cog parked next to the Caravel?  Can't wait to see the Knarr and Corbitas.

When collision comes in will we be able to walk on those decks while sailing please? Otherwise meh.

Edited by Youngsoldier

Yeah, not sure about the cannon, especially on a cog. Speaking of the cog, it no longer has a flat bottom or maybe it is just the picture. 

just beautiful , so happy they will be in game soonish ... keep up the good work

now it finally pays off that i build 2 caravels. they look so amazing, my new favorite boat ingame  ;)

• Like 1

Red cross is actually the Knight's Templar cross, or (most likely) a bad copy of the Order or Christ's Cross that would feature in Portuguese Caravels sails. (Order of Christ's cross isn't filled in the center).

So in other words probably doesn't have anything to do with MR (which last time i checked had nothing akin to a red cross in it), but its basically a common thing in Caravels (which are a Portuguese ship, hence the Portuguese's Order of Christ's symbol in the sails).

Anyhow, finally the pretty boats (and more important, sitting in them, and not having to look at a sail when sailing, and actually see where we're going) are here!!

looks more like a cross pattée to me.

nice if they all have the same depth then caravels will finally get the respect they deserve 

since the latest change to cargo holding, they already got a big boost up in being usefull again

since woodtype does not seem to have any effect anymore.. will this free up some "space" in the system for a walnut, chestnut and linden wood type texture?

Still want to see working wind vanes added to sailing ships, so we can finally have an idea on the point of sailing at a glance and not needing to type in a ton of things.

That ship is based off Christopher Columbus's caravel "Santa Maria".

Looks pretty awesome though.

Models look great!

Aside I'm sad to see focus being moved away from making wood types visible to a one-size-fits-all approach. Wagons don't show wood type or dye either. Fixing the "new" woodtypes show hasn't been a priority, neither has overhauling how dyes work (so only dyes the relevant parts of the object). It's sad to see this aspect of the game taking a back seat. While the new ship models do look great, thet also look kinda WoW'ish. I hope that at some point individual customization will be made a priority again - not just pretty models. I know there's technical limitations, but it's still a matter of how prioritizing.

• Like 1

The red cross also was a Spanish emblem at the ships  with the catholic kings, also if you see the pic  the bow of the Caravel , there are several shields, and two are spanish, the shield with the flag of the Aragon and the shield of the Castille.