Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 20

i guess they are not gonna give any information about chain linked fences, if P & R will connect to all the other servers or even if they gonna have a poll about it i would like to get in on xanadu butim not gonna start all over to go there

dont make any sence....

Except the whining over uniques has a valid reason. Drakes and scales are worth good money and are not all that common. Influx of materials into the world means more supply/ less demand. It hurts the economy. And if dragons regularly spawn, say goodbye to the value of dragon armory as every one will have them. If everyone has them, then no one will wear plate or chain or leather. Respawning uniques will cripple many players market and source of income.

yeah but those outragous prices give them an unfair opportunity to get them at least making them respawn at some point will give an opportunity for all players to cash in

• Like 1

Okay so this is the bit about uniques that worries me.

Okay Lets break this down.

Currently there are 5,174 players with Wurm Online according to this link.

Of which there will likely be at least 500 drake sets currently in circulation having been spawned throughout the years (likely more due to re-spawns and hatching attempts) so we can likely put the figure at over 1,000 drake sets and 200 scale sets circulating Wurm Online after this.

Currently a drake set fetches approximately 70-130E dependent upon quality and will likely drop to <40E once the number of sets available doubles from this update.

Thats a HUGE dent in so many pockets (500 existing sets devalue from ~100E to ~50E = 25,000E loss between players)

In theory that means that 1 in 5 people will have a "rare" and "unique" item of drake which just seems so incredibly diluted. The situation is bad on chaos where I would presume 90% of people either own and or use a drake set in Wurm Online and I simply want to say "enough is enough, stop pumping this stuff into Wurm".

TLDR: You likely just lost part of 25,000E unless you find and kill a dragon.

TLDR 2: Don't get started on traders.

Hoping my math isn't wrong, but its a good indication

Edited by Youngsoldier

the only people mad are the one that will actually have to work instead of relying on there dragons

• Like 2

i can see now how fast folks will sell all drake and trader deeds...  cant imagine how much will sell on forums lol....

i always think uniqes need to respawn from beta version already...  

Edited by RockyBalboa

If everyone has them, then no one will wear plate or chain or leather.

I have a near-full plate set.  Wanna know what I wear on a daily basis?  Cloth.  Why?  Because I do not need anything more than that.  I survived a greenish scorpion with my cloth set; the other guy fighting it nearly died in two hits wearing full plate armor.  I took ten "hits," most either missed or "glanced off."  I had about three "light" injuries and one "medium" at the end of the fight.

Each armor type has its advantages and its disadvantages.  Plate armor helps to reduce the overall damage done per hit, but it makes it difficult to not get hit in the first place.  Cloth, on the other hand, allows you to dodge incoming attacks altogether, but if you do get hit, chances are it's gonna hurt.  Despite that, I still prefer cloth.

All that drama aside...BRIDGES.  YES.  THAT IS ALL.

Edited by Carnaxus

Looking good.

Hoping dragons get flying and air-to-ground attacks. Personally that would help with most penning, except keeping hatchlings in caves and writs.

so so so we can says WURM 2.0 coming soon.. ETA 3.6.2014 right???

You have absolutely no math or real numbers to back that up, you must be bored. I just went back and counted every red dragon since gold 1 maybe you should too...

Ha ha not that bored. Correct my numbers if you want! I did it for drake only so all the black, green and white dragons of which chaos alone has had 3 sets of i think.

I have a near-full plate set.  Wanna know what I wear on a daily basis?  Cloth.  Why?  Because I do not need anything more than that.  I survived a greenish scorpion with my cloth set; the other guy fighting it nearly died in two hits wearing full plate armor.  I took ten "hits," most either missed or "glanced off."  I had about three "light" injuries and one "medium" at the end of the fight.

Each armor type has its advantages and its disadvantages.  Plate armor helps to reduce the overall damage done per hit, but it makes it difficult to not get hit in the first place.  Cloth, on the other hand, allows you to dodge incoming attacks altogether, but if you do get hit, chances are it's gonna hurt.  Despite that, I still prefer cloth.

All that drama aside...BRIDGES.  YES.  THAT IS ALL.

Except drake still lets you move fast, dodge and you will take way less damage.

Like it, love it, or gtfo!

Awesome news. Can't wait to see uniques reclaim their intended place in the game!

• Like 2

Here is the Vynora colossus, for those interested:

52d88bf9cf.jpg

cff391ef67.jpg

Edited by Roame
  • Like 1

Worst, update ever :( Too many dragons, trader change :(

+1

is the vyn colossus on test only?

I saw this one on Golden Valley, at the site of the new tutorial (I think that's what's behind the massive walls, anyway).

The crabs are another thing who make it harder to start in wurm. Newbies try to settle near water because they can fish there. They cannot kill most of the mobs to get meat.

Possible you can make a baby crab version which spawn in the middle of the map. It sould be strong like a rat. So the newbies can train fighting. With increase the distance to the middle of the map they should get more stronger.

Possible do this with the other mobs and spawners in the same way. The troll spawner we had on indipendence next to the Freedom market was not funny.

So, now that drake and scale will be just about the only armor used... wts my 80 chainsmithing!  Get it while it's still useful....

Edited by Nomadikhan

Just adding another vote to getting info on the Pristine / Release connection to Xanadu. I feel like I'm in limbo atm. I even let my premium expire on my main character as this whole thing has left me not wanting to bother to play. 

Great update, LOVE the dragon change woooot

I suggest for those concerned about unique if they present a problem get some people together to take care of them,  do a server wide shout out  and everyone will have a bit of fun as well as solve the problem. 

• Like 1

For that vynora colossus.... will we able to build one on the other servers?

During Deli's first few months many people tried to kill the Red and they all failed. 

Honestly, there wasn't as much people playing wurm back then, and not as much fighters as we have today. A lot of people nowadays have high fs with high tools etc compared to back then and are excited to kill a dragon.

I'm sure we will have no problems killing the red dragon   

Edited by atazs

Can we Please have this LIVE..   And some flowers on our hedges.   Thank You

i might actually build this colossus if it were on the main servers 

NPTent.jpg

Give us ability to make such tents in role play camping purpouse. No need any mechanic abilities, let it only look cool when it be settle. And after 24hr it could disapear by self if nobody repack it back.

Edit: Im from this noobs, who start 1-2 days to early and dont get they newbie set tent. Playing wanderer without tent look ugly. :(

Edited by Dobrutro