Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 20

it would be nice if we would get some "neutral" mobs....why adding more aggros to the sea when once upon a time, the sea was the only way of avoiding most aggros?

• Like 2

Are the dragons on epic being re spawned too or just freedom?

please don't respawn epic uniques, they are fine.

• Like 1

IMO it would be interesting to having respawning dragons on Chaos only (and perhaps Xanadu as the server is massively big).

Reduces the number of HOTA's and increase the reward (like 2 HOTA's a week and a higher reward) and have a dragon spawn every x-amount of time.

It would be a nice incentive to get people into PVP.

Yes lets have people come to PvP to do MORE PVE stuff. If anything they SHOULDN'T spawn in Chaos because it imbalances the PvP having such a big nasty roam around. I mean play any open PvP game and you'll know that boss sniping is a good way to get the boss AND player kills.

Edited by KanePT

What happened to "We will never add dragons"?

Looks like an interesting update though.

• Like 1

What happened to "We will never add dragons"?

Looks like an interesting update though.

Where did you get that? In last QA Rolf said they wanted to add uniques, but were thinking of a way to keep them unique. I guess they reconsidered the second part (which i approve btw).

What a great update! The tents and the new plaster walls look really awesome. I can't wait to build one on my deed! I am going to put a tent up whether I need it or not :)

The bridges functionality is looking really good, especially the building-to-building part, which can create so many exciting designs. I can already think of so many great ideas. And it will be great to sit down, while meditating. I have been standing for so long... I am tired.

As far as the "ranting Swede" designation, wear it proudly Red Baron. This is one kind of ranting that we all enjoy.

Art changelog:

• Added Vynora colossus to be used in the tutorial area

I was hoping this colossus statue would be possible for players to make? Is that so?

I'd hate for a beautiful thing to be hidden away only at tutorial area that noone cares about.

• Like 1

Where did you get that? In last QA Rolf said they wanted to add uniques, but were thinking of a way to keep them unique. I guess they reconsidered the second part (which i approve btw).

It's one of the original quotes by Notch shown when logging in. Also, I don't really keep track of the QA's. Did it cover if the uniques will respawn in their original places, or a random one?

Edited by Neoexplorer
  • Like 1

They always respawn uniques in random places, otherwise it wouldnt be a hunt. :P

• Like 1

It's one of the original quotes by Notch shown when logging in. Also, I don't really keep track of the QA's. Did it cover if the uniques will respawn in their original places, or a random one?

Oh, that!

I always assumed that quote was ironical and dated from before dragons had been added.

Always took it as there would never be dragons in the game, as opposed to never adding more dragons after the initial ones. The fact that there are other uniques besides dragons that don't respawn kinda supported that theory in my mind.

YES YES YES to all of those things, including dragons roaming around! Definitely make them unpennable though, because what will happen is what always happens... people will just pen them up and farm eggs to make $$$$$ extorting ridiculous prices for armor that isn't much better than plate/chain.

Oh, that!

I always assumed that quote was ironical and dated from before dragons had been added.

Always took it as there would never be dragons in the game, as opposed to never adding more dragons after the initial ones. The fact that there are other uniques besides dragons that don't respawn kinda supported that theory in my mind.

Nah that was Notch making an announcement that additional dragons would never be added to the game, only the original ones that spawn on a new map. That quote was from back when there was just Wild server and JK Home server.

If a unique spawns near my deed, I am going to move mountains to have it killed... Not going to just abandon it (like I did with the first house I built).

Timber frame walls? Tents? Hmm Bridges! Xanadu and more uniques now? Release the Kraken!!

I think i like what i see! Keep up the good job Guys.

please don't respawn epic uniques, they are fine.

lol if current ones haven't been killed, does a second one get spawned? :D

(what if it was at the same spot trololol)

Fantastic, all of these changes are amazing! 

Glad to see something is being done about dragons, the scale/drake armor thing is my single biggest beef with Wurm. Why spawn a creature if it is so selective? Also looking foward to all the screaming about these armors losing "value"! No item in any game should be worth the much RL currency. Also I am looking forward to actually seeing a dragon!

Also really glad the tent can be made in a mine, one step closer to underground kingdoms!

As for the new walls, not a huge fan, to bright for my tastes but a wonderful addition never the less. 

why not just redistribute upkeep funds back to active premium accounts with more if your mayor of a deed?  wouldn't that keep people playing more since they get some sort of steady return on their premium?

in turn traders wont give coin out anymore, their cost reduced but still able to fund your deed with 40% tax

if you added the ability to fill the trader with meals and things to sell to that automatically go into the upkeep, switch it to the bartender model and expand cooking system.

i would +10 that :P

• Like 1

That crab reminds me of the first time I saw a huge champion cave bug pet. Unbelievably adorable... tell me we can tame those!

why not just redistribute upkeep funds back to active premium accounts with more if your mayor of a deed?  wouldn't that keep people playing more since they get some sort of steady return on their premium?

in turn traders wont give coin out anymore, their cost reduced but still able to fund your deed with 40% tax

if you added the ability to fill the trader with meals and things to sell to that automatically go into the upkeep, switch it to the bartender model and expand cooking system.

i would +10 that :P

I do think whatever they do the trader system needs to be tied to premium to stop the wasted space of all the 1s alt deeds. 

..and yes i had some of them myself but it is starting t get out of control plus the developers need to start making more money. With the traders flowing in money every month once a player pays them off they play free for the rest of the time.  Anyway i am sure they know what they need to do..well lets hope, lol

Edited by Kegan

Just a random thought since I dont have time to read all the responses ... but change the titles for killing the new, respawned uniques. 

That way the people  that have the old rarer titles from the current system can have a legacy title. 

• Like 1

The only ones who do not want dragons are those who are making their living selling armor.  Please don't pretend you care about how many chain and plate sets may never be crafted with so many dragon sets.  The real issue is your monopoly on the money, isn't it?  

• Like 4

Art changelog:

• Added Vynora colossus to be used in the tutorial area

I was hoping this colossus statue would be possible for players to make? Is that so?

I'd hate for a beautiful thing to be hidden away only at tutorial area that noone cares about.

It's so, so pretty! I'm sure they wouldn't hide it away just on tutorial, let us build them \o/

Lets see.

Lemons , check.

Garlic , check.

Butter..... hmmmm!

And crabs...... beach party..... ^_^

• Like 1