Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 19

OMG!!! The PVP Tents are going to be amazing. So exited!

Unfortunately the bridge blueprints were stampeded by a herd of sheep.

All the work was lost.

• Like 1

Seems to me you got tutorial about training dummy and how to make a tunnel, nice!

I would love it if players will be actually able (also old players) to make those war tents for making a respawn point :D would make community projects so much more fun if you can just make a "base" of tents for every worker and can then even see how many people are actually working there :D and it would make travelling so much more fun too ^^

• Like 2

Just asking:

How does one have an 'epic land rush' with no advertising?

Why would a new server 16 times the size of Indy be needed? Total players: 858/6000

Can't fill the existing servers....and your own graphs say that Wurm is down approx. 700 prem's since Jan.

-Shakes head- I don't get it.

Just asking:

How does one have an 'epic land rush' with no advertising?

Why would a new server 16 times the size of Indy be needed? Total players: 858/6000

Can't fill the existing servers....and your own graphs say that Wurm is down approx. 700 prem's since Jan.

-Shakes head- I don't get it.

I think the meaning "epic landrush" greatly differs from us and the devs, seeing as most of the players wont even be able to take part unless they make a new character. 

Oh and it's getting released middle of the week on a tuesday when people will have work etc... 

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

Xanadu to come on the same day as EvE online summer expansion. Coincidence? I think not. Nostradamus foresaw this coming.

+ 1 for the tents they will make an awesome feature for the explorer/hunter.......i want one = )

Ahh... Tents... finally. Thank you.

As for War Tents RedBaron you asked what we thought, you wanted our feedback and views...

I think War Tent should offer exact same benefits/features as the new Player start Tent. Safe Storage, Lockable, Horse hitchpost function, respawn point, exact same... except of course craftable by Players. Several of us players that have been around for years have suggested Tents in the past for general exploring trips, hunting trips, temporary lodging while starting a new deed, special event lodging for events like Impalong and Server projects like Celebration's Replant/Repair the Steppe Project, the uses are many. Yes make them decay fast, no need to create indestructible Tents, I am not suggesting that. A real Tent left in the woods for a short period of only a few weeks in real life without maintenance (white canvas tents that would be very similar to Wurm's) would be damaged and decay quickly. So too these War Tents should in my opinion... but let them be repairable, and maybe even improved... maybe.

Thank you again for implementing Tents in Wurm. An answer to many Player's suggestions going back years.

Edited by Kyrmius
  • Like 1

Xanadu to come on the same day as EvE online summer expansion. Coincidence? I think not. Nostradamus foresaw this coming.

Also official launch date for WildStar, a new MMO with a fairly good player housing feature, for a themepark mmo that is (no where near as awesome as Wurm). So June 3rd this year is a special day for online games.

I think the meaning "epic landrush" greatly differs from us and the devs, seeing as most of the players wont even be able to take part unless they make a new character. 

Oh and it's getting released middle of the week on a tuesday when people will have work etc... 

RedBaron mentioned an Ad campaign soon to start on mmorpg.com, many MMO gamers that prefer sandbox MMOs and PvP hang out on those forums. If CodeClubAB has a truly massive advertizing campaign lined up there it could reach tens of thousands of potential customers, maybe even hundreds of thousands. mmorpg.com sees a ton of traffic.

Edited by Kyrmius

Also official launch date for WildStar, a new MMO with a fairly good player housing feature, for a themepark mmo that is (no where near as awesome as Wurm). So June 3rd this year is a special day for online games.

RedBaron mentioned an Ad campaign soon to start on mmorpg.com, many MMO gamers that prefer sandbox MMOs and PvP hang out on those forums. If CodeClubAB has a truly massive advertizing campaign lined up there it could reach tens of thousands of potential customers, maybe even hundreds of thousands. mmorpg.com sees a ton of traffic.

Sure, i knew that but i doubt the servers could handle it, but will see. 

Edited by atazs

still no fluffy sheeps!! Meski is sad now  :(   She will go sit quietly in a corner and dream of fluffies -_-   :wub:

• Like 2

I'd say war tents can be deployed anywhere inside the players kingdom zone to stop camping outside of enemy towns

I'd say war tents can be deployed anywhere inside the players kingdom zone to stop camping outside of enemy towns

same kingdom spais i see much abuse returning

EDIT:aka no tents for epic with respawn and don't make it impossible raid the tent

Edited by shankiest

I'm concerned about the war tent. This is going to be a new offensive tool that will be hard to defend against... Now fire arrows sound good, a folly of fire arrows should take down tents. We will have to send out hunting parties to just search for them.

I seen a video on raiding and the only thing I seen positive is if they died it will take them out of the battle. Now it will be a constant flow of fighters.

• Like 2

You can hitch a creature to it, which prevents it from moving and anyone else from taking it (on non-PvP servers).

So the new player finds a cow and hitches it to his new tent before logging off. What will he find when he logs on again tomorrow? A pink mushy pile with some bones sticking out because some wolves passed by that night? Or will a hitched animal be not only untakeable but also untouchable? Has this been taken care of? Just wondering.

As for the 'war-tents': I hope they get another name on the pve-servers - and I hope we get them dyable to our own likings this time, instead of the same look for every single one around. Or if for some mechanics-reason they *have* to be the same... please make them at least non-war-/pvp-like this time? Something totally non-kingdom, like for instance the newby-tent look, would be a lot better in my view - I dislike profiling myself as 'this is my kingdom, I belong to this kingdom' as a pve-player.

I would like to see travel tents added for folks who have a homestead, but are out traveling and need a way of safely logging out.  Permit travel tents to hitch a cart w/2 animals to it.  Upon logging out, your tent and anything hitched to it disappears, until you log back in.

Tents would be crafted with leatherworking.

• Like 1

I would like to see travel tents added for folks who have a homestead, but are out traveling and need a way of safely logging out.  Permit travel tents to hitch a cart w/2 animals to it.  Upon logging out, your tent and anything hitched to it disappears, until you log back in.

Tents would be crafted with leatherworking.

most all tents are made from cloth so cloth tailoring would make more sense to me.  Perhaps a little bit of both for some parts but in general it should be cloth/carpentry.  Some shafts/pegs/cloth, maybe a fur.

And can you unhitch horses from a locked wagon?  

Edited by Mongoo

I am very surprised, impressed and excited. Good day.

Unfortunately the bridge blueprints were stampeded by a herd of sheep.

All the work was lost.

On a very very serious note, bridges and/or 3D caves should definitely be next on the list for the devs.

Reasons for bridges:

There are at least ten locations along the major highways of Indie that need bridging.  That's just on one server.  I'm almost 100% sure there are at least as many locations on every single other server that need bridges, not to mention the insane number of people who've been wanting to do bridges across their harbor mouths, the many canals that could use bridges across them at either end, etc.

Reasons for 3D caves:

Personal reason first.  My main character on Indie, Kikriana, is a blacksmith.  It would be absolutely awesome to have a forge built into a mountainside, with built walls on the outside.  Non-personal reasons...I'm not the only one who wants to do this!  Also, it would end the dropshaft problems once and for all.

Grain of salt on the dropshaft point though...standing in the Freedom Market public mine in a spot where, on low cave detail, I can see through the floor...I look straight down and see another cave waaaaaaaay below me (like probably a good 150-200 tiles below me, if 3D caves were already implemented).  This cave is exactly directly below me.  Shouldn't I be in a dropshaft?...Not complaining, necessarily; just confused.

@Carnaxus  maybe youre off by one tile or more? and 3d caves, idk, it may mean either too much ore if they're on the same

vertical axis like it is now, a pillar, or too hard to find if its only one block of ore somewhere randomly on the pillar.

i mean on theory it sounds very nice but implementing may bring some unforeseen consequences that need to

be worked out beforehand

Personally I'm very skeptical of players being able to respawn at these war tents, as defenders you generally win by dwindling down the attackers numbers until they are forced to retreat, very similar to real life. However if players can constantly respawn within a small radius of the defending town I see it as being such a disadvantage to defenders who can't reduce the attackers force and will make "front line" deeds such as the ones on chaos or the loot code on epic very much a redundant feature when the attackers essentially have a deed next to your own.

Basically I believe they will be too over powered, as attackers you aren't meant to be safe outside your own territory.

(I recall a topic even recently saying defenders shouldn't be able to respawn, why then should attackers?)

Edit: I cannot see any way that "War tents" won't be over-powered for attackers if they don't have to be within the kingdom influence, and equally influence is buggy and can have enemy influence on deed in previous cases

Edited by Fooligun
  • Like 4

-1 War tents

Let's just nip this in the bud before it becomes a pain to tweak/nerf for months and months later

Chaining towers and deeds to hold influence and a town to spawn at 1-2km away isn't enough? :P How exactly are defenders supposed to fend off an attack?

How about something positive and no drama, like a bed roll that you can use for sleep bonus out and about? Or putting that man power into finishing bridges (and why are sheep so hard to put in? Literally saw that great model what, 2-3 years ago?)

Edited by Derp
  • Like 2

Tents are great, I actually love that they're added. They're perfect for very long hunting trips which I myself go on quite often, find a good spot, pitch a tent and you can hunt in the area and stash butchering products in your tent until you're ready to head off home or to the next area. They're also great for newbies too for obvious reasons, very good feature.

However, these tents will be used on pvp servers in ways that make things unfair. A group of 20-30 raiders shows up at your town and each attacker places a tent far enough away from the town so you can't safely get out and destroy them yet close enough so that they can infinitely respawn whenever they're killed by the defenders and just rejoin the fight. It's like a work around for placing a frontline deed that also bypasses enemy kingdom influence being too close to found a deed.

I'm not saying scrap them or anything, but they need to be reworked so that they're fair and still useful.

Why is this unfair for PvP? Now warfare in Wurm will resemble more closely the medieval warfare I got impression Rolf was shooting for with Wurm. So what if the attackers respawn at their Tents? I guess I don't understand why PvPers would think this a bad idea. Back when I PvPed in DAoC if Wurm had existed then I would have PvPed here and I would have thought this to be a great idea. Months and months of nerfs and tweeks aren't a bad thing if eventually the end result is a better outcome... which is why Devs nerf and tweek in the first place.

(and before someone tells me to stfu, I am attempting to understand the objections, not just give them a -1 or totally disregard them.)

Edited by Kyrmius