Sign in to follow this  
koroth

Non-Venerable Animals Dying!

Having a major problem with animals dying on deed. below is a list of all animals that have died within a 24 hour period and the conditions that apply:

Astoria and Astoria Basin (Deliverance)

1. Deed tile/animal ratio - 69(Astoria), 20(Astoria Basin)

2. Large open area for movement.

3. Groomed and fed Daily (Grazing area replanted daily as well) (1 animal was on enchanted grass)

4. No diseases

5. No mobs gained access

6. Animals were on deed

7. Two of the dead were being cared for

List of animals:

1 Adolescent Champion Dog

1 Adolescent Pony

1 Adolescent Chic (rooster)

1 Aged Deer

1 Old Hen (cared for by Awen)

2 Venerable Horses (1 being cared for)

3 Venerable Deer

I can understand about the venerable animals, but the younger animals don't make sense..... Please Assist!

animals can die at Aged/Old/Venerable [even if cared]

But this does seem quite unusual for so many to die within 24hours.

could be that someone in village/alliance did it.

animals can die at Aged/Old/Venerable [even if cared]

But this does seem quite unusual for so many to die within 24hours.

could be that someone in village/alliance did it.

When was that implemented?  Last I heard, caring prevented death, and animals only died from old age when they were venerable...?

I assume dogs can die from starvation now. All my starving dogs died within a day. I hear those that do feed their dogs still have them alive.

I know for sure cavebugs and rats do die from old age at aged or older, even if fed. Care for will prevent age deaths. I do not know what other mobs share this trait.

If you have a lot of mobs in a big pen, there is still a risk where they can group up and causing diseases on themselves. Or stay on dirt tiles and not move to graze on other tiles and die from starvation.

I assume diseased animals will die at a certain disease value.

Starvation due to bad AI movement and disease for grouping up, both have happened to me.

I had the same happen on Release.  Two adolescent hens (none starving), two adolescent roosters (not starving), one adolescent calf (fat), one adolescent horse (fat), and one adolescent dog (fat).  Ratio about 80 and all animals on deed. None of the animals were diseased either.  I am the only one on deed so nobody else has access to kill anything.  The animals were far from each other in locked up and triple fenced camps, free roam open spaces.  No mob access at all.  This is the first time this has ever happened and I assume it is NOT supposed to happen and to do with the glitches in AI?  I really hope so.

Edited by Fairyshine

I had an aged horse drop dead for no reason in a pen with all enchanted grass.  Had like 4 other animals on deed.  It was odd.

Were any of these pregnant at the time? reason I ask: Miscarriage = Death.......

I've had SO many animals die, it's annoying. I have two very giant deeds, yet as soon as I get 20 animals, everything starts going down-hill and random deaths happen everywhere. :/ (and my ratio's still above 100.00 in those cases)

I've been finding corpses of aged animals and younger in the wild.  Quite a few boars as well.  No aggro near them.

Edit:  Also had a gorilla die on epic.   Mature Gorilla no enemy  it just started drooling and keeled over dead.

Edited by Old_Lando

Edit to my starting comment:

We have no villagers as part of the deed, so that wouldn't be an option either...  The Champ Dog we assumed died because it looked like it had gotten stuck in a wall, but otherwise all the animals were well fed and none were diseased. This is why it seemed so mysterious. We take very good care of our animals, moving them to grass tiles if they are on packed dirt, fixing bad tiles, feeding the dogs, grooming and such. None of the animals that died in that time were pregnant, so miscarry is also out of the question... it's just very troubling that with none of the normal "death" conditions as an option, we could have so many animals die at once.

Animals are dropping dead on my deed too 6 so far.  No other villagers to blame, no one else has access either.  They are dropping dead at mature, old, aged, and venerable.  From what I can tell the deaths all took place in the last 48 hours.  It seems that Rolf makes a 'mistake' like this about once a year, and if he follows tradition, he won't 'fix' it kills until most of our livestock.

The village stables are starting to get corpses, one villager plot has lost her animals completely due to starvation.

Some of the animals have the ground to feast on (fields/grass - this is no longer lasting very long at all), others are fed manually. Majority of animals on deed are no longer fat.

This is just one of the animals in 1 feeding session:

[23:36:18] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:37:39] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.
[23:37:57] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:38:15] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:38:50] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:40:00] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:40:53] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.
[23:40:54] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:41:10] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.
[23:41:11] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:42:26] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.
[23:42:41] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:44:19] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:44:32] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:50:01] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:50:40] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:51:36] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:52:17] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:54:46] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:56:29] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:56:48] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

[23:57:51] A aged fat copperosio eats a corn.

And he's still eating... I'm seriously open to suggestions on this, because he should have blown up by now due to the sheer amount he's eating. I'm starting to panic. >_<

Could this be related?

Edited by Mishia

I've had non-venerables die also, and the deaths seem to come in clusters, but not at this volume (thank heavens!).