Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 18

Great to see the assymetrical deed update. I now don't have to stress endlessly over where I drop the token...

Expanded one way. Disbanded the touching deed and just rolled right over it. Very easy to upgrade and downsize at the same time while making that 10 tiles in the middle useful. +1 for that.

Can we get the ratio removed now please?

Also, in regards to the enclosure rule being "exploited": it was considered a feature (just like most other "exploits") until Rolf realized he could be making money off of a change.

Nice update and the next one could do the same for perimeter areas  I still got a lot of perimeter over sea water that is totally useless, 5 tile default perimeter is fine for me but adjusting it all directions would allow far better deed constructions. 

I don't think the ratio will be removed any time soon, if ever at all. Too many people breed and breed and breed... and never cull.

You want stuff to hunt, right?

• Like 1

Also, in regards to the enclosure rule being "exploited": it was considered a feature (just like most other "exploits") until Rolf realized he could be making money off of a change.

Yeah man, clearly Rolf's motivation for these changes was 100% based on greed.  He just wants money.

That's why the price of deeding tiles was cut in half.  And many of us can now reduce deed size thanks to one-way expansion, saving even more money than the half off.  That greedy SOB, making deeds cheaper and stuff.  I think we should boycott this game until Rolf returns the prices back where they were and stops trying to save us silvers on deed upkeep like the greedy dev he is.

• Like 1

No... the enclosure rule was removed because many jackasses on many servers where closing off HUGE areas of off deed land because THEY were the greedy bastards.

• Like 1

Yeah man, clearly Rolf's motivation for these changes was 100% based on greed.  He just wants money.

That's why the price of deeding tiles was cut in half.  And many of us can now reduce deed size thanks to one-way expansion, saving even more money than the half off.  That greedy SOB, making deeds cheaper and stuff.  I think we should boycott this game until Rolf returns the prices back where they were and stops trying to save us silvers on deed upkeep like the greedy dev he is.

Right..

Do you also go to the store after you see they have a sale on the thing you bought the other night and ask for the difference back?

Right..

Do you also go to the store after you see they have a sale on the thing you bought the other night and ask for the difference back?

Do they offer a price match/guarantee?   Quite a few stores do, even if they don't advertise it, because they want your repeat business so are willing to take a small one time hit for future potential sales.  You know, the concept of a Loss Leader pricing strategy.

For 50% back on what equates for some to a return of 55USD/50euro or more, there is a very real reason to be upset if they placed/expanded their deed because the creator/owner of the game announced a rule change which stated that you needed to do so to "protect" or maintain control on areas you previously were able to control for free.

Price cuts to anything are never about being friendly to your customer, it's about attracting more sales to make up in volume what you lose in markup.  But a PR team is very easily able to spin it as "because we care", even when (as it might be in this case) it might be true, it is a still a business for CodeClub, so it will always be about the bottom line.  Otherwise, they cease to be a business.

I'll never understand why those who buy games cannot make this jump to understand, what you're paying for as a game/entertainment is the livelihood for those who made it.  It's like walking into an office and telling the data entry folks it's only a spreadsheet, or telling a chef it's "only a meal".  When it is your main (or only) source of income, you don't want to see it trivialized.

When I saw that "big price reduction goes live" I immediately thought "where is the catch?". It didn't take long to figure out. One-way deed expansions (which should be in the game right from the start, many years ago, actually), price change for deed tiles --- BUT the closure rule is over. Translation: if you have outposts (and who doesn't have outposts) you actually need to pay MORE now, to deed them; if you just prefer not to have a deed, everybody can ruin you (as if the officially-allowed "perimeter expand griefing" was not enough). And this is called "big price reduction"... Just give me a break.

It's perfectly ok if developers need more money, and it's ok if players don't mind if they have to pay more. But it is not ok to "baptize" this as a price reduction.

Probably someone will delete this post - happened in the past.- so that only positive things can be read here - everybody is so happy and so delighted because of that "big price reduction": Only posts such as "I love you guys", "great job guys", "thank you guys", "fantastic", "awesome", etc etc, are welcome. But for the time this post will survive, and in case someone will read this unprejudicated, I have to add something: I like this game, BUT:

I've played this game for quite some time. During that time I've seen plenty of people joining, playing for 2-4 months, then leaving because once they set up a settlement they get bored. I am pretty sure the vast majority of the people who tried Wurm quitted for that reason. During all that time I've played, I didn't see a single sign telling me developers have any motivation to face the weak parts of the gameplay. Instead, everytime they see premium account figures going down, they just open another server (as if a barely 1000-people playerbase needs to be scattered in so many servers). Or they just raise the prices, introducing such a "big price reduction".

I am pretty sure people will start to blame me now for saying the obvious. PLAYERS, people who are actually asked to pay more now, will get angry and will ask for banning me or muting me. They did the same in the past, everytime someone dared to say obvious things, and I have no doubts they will do it again. This is just funny, and I don't mind - and I won't answer to them. For the others, who will actually read this post, my point is: Wurm is an excellent idea for a game, with the worst management ever. And that's just sad.

Edited by Patreus
  • Like 2

Can we stop bumping this thread please? Every time i see it im thinking its week 19... 

• Like 7

I have given this some thought now and i have come to the conslusion that i like the lower cost of expanding the deeds (even though i can expand my deed anymore as its surounded by other deeds). I do see a problem for newer players keeping those new bigger deeds as it costs the same in upkeep as i did before this new change in expand cost.

I also think there should be another change implemented... You should be able to have more then one deed per character. This becouse you now need to deed up maybe an outpost (cant see why you need one but still people have them) or other important areas you have that now are undeeded.

The tents id like to see available för all players not only the new ones, it would be neat to be able to put up a tent when you go on hunting trips. With that said the tents should be possible to pacj up again (if they arent planned to be that already.

Anyways the changes are in general good but they may need some tweaks.

Just my 2 cents.