Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 18

LssNW18L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Today we are keeping mostly to the two very hot topics of price change and deed expansions.

So I will not keep you any longer, lets just share the news!

Price Change & 1 Way Deed Expansions

Today a price change is due to take effect and it will be halved from 2 copper coins per tile to 1 for deeded tiles!

The reason is that in one week we remove the controversial enclosure rule. We urge you to make preparations for that in good time.

To that end, we have arranged so that you will be able to expand deeds in one direction to better cater to your needs for covering rectangular pieces of land.

You may also found deeds where the token does not have to be centered.

There is still a ratio involved which kicks in after expanding far enough in one direction only.

This is to stop attempts at hogging entire coastlines and such.

You will find you have much more freedom in how you can shape your deeds to fit your needs.

So now the tools are in your hands, let the deeding begin!

Creature Movement

Our developers are still looking into the AI of creatures.

We have managed to isolate a few reasons why creatures on deeds did not move and you should now finally see some movement again.

Hopefully we will see further feedback dropping in now and of course we will not give up until those creatures are working as intended.

Lawn

The lawn which I showed you last week will be going live with this update.

It is still the same look and specifications as I described in the last post other than the fact that we are looking at tweaking the speed of which it is affected by wind.

As I said Wurmians, a bit shorter but sweet non the less. Just like Swedish summer.

So until next time,

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 43

Man after all this time one way deed expansions i can not believe it :)

Edit: Anyway we can get a deed form on test to see how this new system works on setting a new deed? 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

1 Way Deed Expansions

long waited feature!! thanks a lot

• Like 2

Sadly, doesn't look like upkeep is changed in line with deed expansion costs.

• Like 2

Way to go on solving whatever was preventing one-way expansions :)

With this week's update, we can't complain about you not listening to players. Thanks for shutting me up (for now :)).

Asymetric deeds  Yes....

Ohh I'm so excited, I'm gonna need some tisues!

Let me expand as i wish and let the animals move little more likely? You just made my heart beat an extra!

Omg!!!! this is awsome, watching my animals roam the pen was epic, but deed changes..........Hellz yea!

And they said it would never happen.

I said watch this or next weeks update.

You know who you are...you owe me 50 silver! /wink wink

Great job on the one way and non centered deeds, very glad to that you guys were able to get that worked out!

Good job this week!

OMG 1 side deed expansions! sneaky update with a positive surprise yaya! :D

1 Way Deed Expansions

long waited feature!! thanks a lot

Great will expand today :D

Edited by Sklo:D

Is the cost of perimeter tiles also halved or just the deed? And is the upkeep the same?

Today a price change is due to take effect and it will be halved from 2 copper coins per tile to 1 for deeded tiles!

Just confirming this is for buying new tiles, this doesn't affect upkeep, correct?

So buying the extra tiles for deed is 1c/tile, so is upkeep the same????

"One tile costs 1 copper initially. Every month the upkeep per tile is 20 iron"
Just checked ingame.  Does not appear that upkeep changes.  Not that it really matters, just answering the question so many have asked :)

this is wonderful.  Now I can reduce some previous expansion I did that just covers the ocean, which I had to do to get more land behind me.  Perim expansion should be less as well. Anyone know if that changed too?

:wub:

Edit: Ok, hearts were not enough I think. haha Maybe they were, but...

Thank you for listening. 

----------------------------

If you come back and read, this is per the animal AI sort of I guess. Please look at shark numbers. I feel what is happening is sharks spawn as the critter counts get low from hunting. No one hunts sharks where they are spawning. This means sharks are slowly becoming the only animal spawned in Wurm. On Release, look in the Northeast corner from Desolation point north past the island and on toward Pristine. There are hundreds of sharks there. If you have the capability or it there is already something in the code, maybe setting a maximum "per creature" spawn inhibitor will fix this so that when X sharks spawn, no more will until X-1 sharks exist then only 1 will replace it.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

Simply amazing news... thank you a lot!

I think this should also show some people that DEVs actually DO LISTEN to our suggestions and they deserve more credit from us!

Now lets hope the guys that made the deed calculators get the new updates and prices in  :)