Object

Poll on how Wurm will die

How will Wurm die?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Stoof

• Peacefully in its sleep
    • Heart attack
    • Koala bear attack
    • All the constant speculation on what game will kill it will cause Wurm to have a stroke and live out the rest of its life at a nursing home on life support until it's family finally decides to pull the plug.
    • Moby ######, Nuff said.
    • Cake>pie
    • Cake is not better then pie, your all crazy.
    • Don't bother me while I'm cleaning my room.
    • Global Warming
    • Erotic asphyxiation

I'm interested at hearing your thoughts on this.

Edited by Object

player will die from poll exaustion

What was that?  You want another Xanadu poll?  Ok!

• Like 1

player will die from poll exaustion

You can only plant one poll per Wurm week (21 real life hours).

• Like 1

You forgot fork to the eye. FORK FORK FOOOORK. To the eye, fork

to the eye

I believe that that one guy who thinks he's trolling by making all these topics will make everyone quit, forcing wurm to shut down.

Edited by Judicator
  • Like 1

I quit so it kind of already did die. At least to me anyways.

Edited by Morrowen

No option for death by xanadu topics, most disappointing. Couldn't add my valid vote to the vote, will make a poll topic regarding this poll topic immediately.

I believe that that one guy who thinks he's trolling by making all these topics will make everyone quit, forcing wurm to shut down.

Yeah you remember that guy who was so bad at defending his own point about some heap-of-dirt game that when he was called on his crap, he turned face and called himself a "troll" as if that was some kind of victory?  Poor pathetic person he was.  That turd was flushed I believe.

added a new death option, you all asked for other options but I'm a rebel and ignored everyone.

So far cleaning my room is leading in the polling follow closely by death by speculation.  In third place it's peacefully in it's sleep directly followed by a tie in 4th spot, pie>cake and koala bear attack.

In last place is heart attack so it's pretty obvious Wurm isn't a male, explains why Wurm demands so much attention and is never satisfied....ZING!

Edited by Object
  • Like 1

No such thing as a Koala Bear. Just saying. 

Wurm will die when the raid fails again and Rolf doesn't want to deal with the hassle of dealing with the player base again.  Or he dies.  Failing that I think it'll be around for a while.  I'm not placing any bets as to when it will die.

There is no accurate way to predict if, how or when Wurm will no longer be available for others to play, if this is the "death" the OP is referring to. Although I doubt a logical reply is desired by the same, in my mind that makes it all the more desirable. Seeing as the game has improved dramatically over the past year+, I would tend now to have a more optimistic outlook to even consider such a gloomy disposition in the foreseeable future. 

As Rolf seems to still be enjoying himself in continuing this process, the outlook is good to predict the vanishing of these naysayers long before any demise of Wurm itself. Such as it is that this type of nonsense concerns me little, as the disparity of incongruities just builds an unstable platform upon which to construct any misconstrued outcomes that would otherwise be balanced upon factious semblances of the dispositions of the aforementioned practitioners of time thought distortions. 

I shall then spend no time with a wave of the hand of dismissal, for such thoughts as those presented have already abandoned these lands too fair to embrace their return.

=Ayes=

Where is the steam option?

Come on, rigged poll. No steam option =/= worthless.

I object!

• Like 1

I predict via gerbil extinction when nothing can man the "wheel of life."

Like a collapsing mass of the inter-stellar medium, Wurm was thrust into the universe as a new born star.

Not hydrogen, but a vision of a true sandbox mmo ushered in it's creation.

This universe was still young, and many neighboring stars would flicker into existence.

Perhaps Wurm appeared less luminous when seen alongside such neighbors as World of Warcraft and Everquest.

A white dwarf among such Supergiants.

And like the white dwarf, Wurm burnt cool and slowly.

It saw the passing of it's neighbors as they burnt too hot and too quickly.

Their outer layers being torn away in the violent and energetic process of fusion, much as new features are added and become stale.

Until at last, when even the brightest stars have faded.

No longer stars, but collapsing decaying black holes whose existence sucks the life from all other things.

All but alone, the brightness of Wurm would wax and wane over the years.

New features would be added,

And grow old.

Graphics would be updated,

And become outdated.

Bugs would be fixed,

And forgotten.

All the while it's mass increasing, building ever on it's ancient java framework.

No longer a white dwarf, it's outer layers stretched and torn by the violent forces within.

The hydrogen layer, long since fused into helium.

And helium long since fused into carbon.

Wurm has grown old and stale.

There is nought left to sustain its light.

But unlike its old and forgotten neighbors,

Wurm will have no supernova,

No final hoorah,

It's light will die.

Becoming a cold black mass against a cold black universe.

Dead, invisible and long ago eclipsed.

TLDR:

A small fire in the server room.

And no one will care enough to get Wurm going again. 

• Like 1

*See Post Link*

A very nice metaphorical reflection, although I do not agree with your philosophical conclusion. All things gaming usually end at some point in time but the history of the god of Wurm in relation to perpetuating its existence is the most impressive thing about it to me. As with all survivors over years of time, their strength is increased in the process. Few observers from their safe distance in space and time have learned the value of perseverance in this respect.

=Ayes=

• Like 1