Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

more accurate to say ati doesn't like or support opengl, which wurm uses for rendering

Hey, I used to be a Wurm player two or three years ago but stopped playing. I'm considering coming back and getting premium, but I'm just a little confused over how I can get to the correct server once I do.

When I registered my account, I selected JK - Wild, but now I've changed my mind and would like to go to a Freedom server once I get premium. I see the blue and red portals in First Light, but i'm still confused as I'm under the impression either will bring me to a wild server since that's what I chose at registration. Is it possible for me to access a freedom server from where I am, or do I have to make a new account? Thanks.

There are 2 types of portals in Golden Valley: Wild & Freedom. The Freedom Portal is actually not in FL, you'd have to walk the Amnesty road to get to it. That's the cobblestone road with sandy borders that you see when you walk out of FL. If you see a unfinished corbita sitting on the side of the road you're on the right track. Stay on the road and you'll come the steepe area. Follow the road until you see intermitten slabs laid down. You should see a large open area with a large menhir (pointy shaped boulder) in the center. That's the Freedom Portal.

I have another question. I'm trying to install Wurm on my desktop computer (Before I had it on my laptop). I opened Wurm Online, and the splash screen displays, but then it says in a tiny vertical space under it "This seems to be your first time playing" and gets cut off. If I drag the selection farther down I can find out the entire text, which continues as "...Wurm Online. Please select a directory to install to." but since the splash screen isn't showing me the whole message, I can't select a directory. Is this a resolution problem? Is there anyway to make the directory before the game starts to skip this step? Thanks.

This is a common problem faced by many, the usual method would be to close said window and try again. That normally fixes the problem.

Hahaha, I did it like ten times over and finally before I was about to give up it spat it out correctly. Thanks!

Now that we have no other wild servers to cross over into how will the game mechanic of getting ahold of permissions management work?

Very important for aspiring privateers to know...

Do animals breed on there own? i have gotten yes's, and no's, and I want a official answer.

Does the damage bonus mag priests get at 40 faith apply to archery too?

Do animals breed on there own? i have gotten yes's, and no's, and I want a official answer.

With the exception of hens, animals do not breed on their own.

Does the damage bonus mag priests get at 40 faith apply to archery too?

I don't think so

Is there any legal way to break/pick/open locks without the key on Freedom?

I accidently locked my brand new chest with a lock I picked up off the ground on Golden Valley - I was a noob and thought I'd get the key when I attached the lock.

So now the better half of my afternoon was wasted building the thing and now I'm sitting here locked out of my storage.

If it is legal - my character is in Insanity Port, 45 mins from Samling.

Thanks.

A mine has been under-mined, so HUGE vertical cave floor tile to go from 1 level to the next.

Any way to tell how steep that floor tile is..  ie: how many tiles I'd have to mine UP to ramp around to the other level?

Can i build a gaurd tower and claim territory for my kingdom on any neutral land?

Can i build a gaurd tower and claim territory for my kingdom on any neutral land?

Not anymore. You have to be in your influence radius 50 tiles away from any other tower.

how many tiles of influence dose a tower give you?

At least 50 tiles but up to 100 if they are placed in a 'special hidden zone'.

Now my question:

Do animals graze on steppe/tree tiles?

do animals graze on steppe/tree tiles?

Not sure about steppe but i don't think they'll eat trees O_O

do animals graze on steppe/tree tiles?

Not sure about steppe but i don't think they'll eat trees O_O

But tree tiles have grass on them :/

Okay heres another one.

how do i do flatrasing I.E Making huge sloped dirt walls

I'm a little confused about it and want to know how, explain in detail or send a link or something.

how much would wind of ages help cloth armour or would it make me faster at all. and would cloth armour help with how slow a twohanded sword is. also has anyone ever used cloth armour or does everyone just use what they think would be better.

Please I want a confirmed, real answer for this one.

A, can chickens live off crops, and have enough food to lay eggs?

B, are roosters needed for chickens to lay eggs? I know they don't breed, but I would like to know.