Dannyiron

Questions and Answers Thread: Ask your Question!

Hello!

Well, Alot of topics creep up on Town Square asking a few, or perhaps 1 individual question. So I was thinking, why don't we have a "Questions and Answers" Topic on Town Square? All you need to do is ask your question, and someone should be able to give you an answer. This could be helpful for many reasons:

1) Yes, I know that in-game you can ask through PA help - if there is one forum based, you don't need to be in-game to ask it.

2) We might all benefit from a challenging question - as we can see previous answers; this means that if we have different answers, both the question asker and the question answerer will learn something.

3) You can always see the answers.

4) Everyone would be able to answer - when they come online in different timezones or come offline.

5) Players can see previous answers, so may benefit before needing to repeat a question.

Example Question:

Q: How much of the food bar is restored by a meal?

A: It depends on the meal quality, and damage. Only a meal will fill your food bar to as close to 100% as possible; but a low quality high damage meal wil not fill you very much. A decent 30ql 0.4kg meal should be enough to restore at least 50% of your food bar - and a good 40ql meal will bring you up to 100%. High damage as a result is like reducing the quality. Meals in your inventory or on your person will decay very quickly - so it is an idea to leave meals in a container and eat from that container (Furthermore, cedarwood containers reduce decay on items inside more than any other type of wooden container) and meals can also be stored in containers which contain water; eg a fountain.

==============================================================================================

Previous Questions and Answers:

(Bear in mind, they could need tweaking or changing. Please point it out and I will do so.)

Q: How much does using a mount to a large cart increase the speed?

A: You mean mounting it? being on top of it doesn't increase speed at all as far as I'm aware; but the speeds you get from using animals with a large cart varies. With a bull, I believe it's about 1km/h. With 2 bulls, I believe it's 2km/h. With one bull and one bear, I believe it's about 3.5km/h.

Q: And does using different ages/breeds and types increase the speed?

A: No, I don't think any of the above stated affects any of them. Correct me if I'm wrong however, anyone.

Q: Can you attach more than one mount to cart, or cart to mount.

A: Yes, you can attach 2 animals to a large cart; that's what the yoke you attach in the cart-making process is for.

Q: Can you determine the closest influence affecting source?

A: By influence I assume you mean AoC right? Well, if you try building in a deeds AoC, it will give you a message of which deed's AoC you're trying to build in. Correct me if you don't mean AoC. If you mean kingdom influence, it should be the closest deed or tower, iirc. Look around for one.

Q: Is there away to tell how deep you are into (or away from the borders of) influence?

A: Not as far as I can tell immediately; but if you can go to the token and measure out how many tiles are covered on-deed, you would be able to work out where the AoC border influence stops. (ie a 5x5 deed will have a further 5 tiles influence on either side, making it a 11x11 square of deed/influence. Again, I believe this is right, but I don't own a deed myself yet to have first-hand knowledge.)If you're referring to kingdom influence, I'm not entirely sure as my home server knowledge only extends to Jenn-Kellon kingdom influences.

Q: Any way to see what kingdom's influence you are in at the the moment?

A: Kingdom's influence? Look at event, you should get messages such as "You enter Jenn-Kellon" "You enter Mol-Rehan" and "You enter Horde of the Summoned".

Q: We all know that a foreigner on a home server has his/her stats reduced, but does this also reduce sillgain by the same degree? If not, then it is possible that someobdy may leave for the home servers, grind up their skill quickly and then go back to the wild increasing their skillgain by a lot. Now this may be incentive for foreigners to live on home servers for a while, adding to interaction between the kingdoms on wild and home. But it can possibly be seen as an exploit with risks.

A: Well, I personally am not a wild player or anything and can't go experimenting to find the answer; but with all the recent nerfs and restrictions on fighting due to exploitations I believe the answer is no. I may be wrong however.

Q: I read about a town on the Wiki, I beleive it was called Tokyo, that was communistic in its managment style. However, it appears that village was disbanded or simply didn't survive through the map reset. Are there any other communist villages?

A: I have no idea; the mayors or citizens of such villages would have to make their villages known to you. I'll tell you if I find any out however.

Q:  Do red flowers exist? I've never seen any and would love to attain some.

A: I don't believe so. I know White dotted flowers exist, but I don't think that any form of Red flowers exist besides perhaps Roses.

Q: How fast would an open feild be re-covered by trees? If I were to clear cut a 50x50 area how long would it take for the trees to naturally reclaim their lost land?

A: assuming a clearcut area with mature, old,  v-old and overaged pine trees on all 4 borders, it should take about  3 months to refill a 50x50.  Trees seem to sprout out to a max of 8 squares from the nearest tree, and it takes about 2 weeks for a pine to reach mature/old, so growing in from all 4 sides a 50x50 would need 3 cycles x 2weeks or around 6 weeks to get a tree to the center. figure another 6 weeks to fill in with dense forest.

Q: What are the best ways to feed each different type of non-aggro animal? Like if i capture a few dogs, deer, pigs, chickens, etc. in a pen and I want to fatten them up fast for eating what do I drop in the pen for them each to eat? Are some foods better for some different animals?

A: Well, for my pigs I tend to feed all of the pregnant females until they won't hand feed any more with a slab of meat; and drop extra filets in the pen for them to peck on the rest of the day. Male pigs tend not to actually need food; but I just drop them food. Same with dogs - but they move around too much - so I just hand feed mine. Deer; I plant a crop on the ground and let them eat off it - it feeds them alot more than actually hand feeding. Two or three planted crops can feed a cow no problem, but I actually hand fed a cow 60 wemp seeds and it did nothing, so I learnt not to do that one again. Hens, again, let them peck aroudn on a crop field. For fattening them up; leave a large abundance of said food items, and just let them feast. Also note if you plan to feed them with any meals, casseroles etc. - they count as a piece of meat or fish, even if they contain a herb or a vegetable.

Q: Does reinforcing a cave tile stop a shaker orb from working? Or will a mine always be vulnerable to this item?

A: Nope. As far as I'm aware, the fact that a tile's re-inforced or not makes no difference. The shaker orb'd tile can then be re-inforced - and that means that there's no way to fix or remove it - so mine entrances are rendered useless; note that means it's also a method of griefing others.

• Like 3

How much does using a mount to a large cart increase the speed?

And does using different ages/breeds and types increase the speed?

Can you attach more than one mount to cart, or cart to mount.

By the way, I'll answer inside the quote - just so you know what to look for. I'll put the answer in italic for you.

Q: How much does using a mount to a large cart increase the speed?

A: You mean mounting it? being on top of it doesn't increase speed at all as far as I'm aware; but the speeds you get from using animals with a large cart varies. With a bull, I believe it's about 1km/h. With 2 bulls, I believe it's 2km/h. With one bull and one bear, I believe it's about 3.5km/h.

Q: And does using different ages/breeds and types increase the speed?

A: No, I don't think any of the above stated affects any of them. Correct me if I'm wrong however, anyone.

Q: Can you attach more than one mount to cart, or cart to mount.

A: Yes, you can attach 2 animals to a large cart; that's what the yolk you attach in the cart-making process is for.

Nitpicking, but its Yoke not Yolk

Hehe, mm I remember now. Sorry, that's what holidays do to your memory hehe :)

have you heard about the bird?

B B B B Bird Bird Bird, The Bird is the Word

hehehee :D

This one?

a-60.png

:D

On a more serious note, here are a few things I would like to know Dannyiron:

1) We all know that a foreigner on a home server has his/her stats reduced, but does this also reduce sillgain by the same degree? If not, then it is possible that someobdy may leave for the home servers, grind up their skill quickly and then go back to the wild increasing their skillgain by a lot. Now this may be incentive for foreigners to live on home servers for a while, adding to interaction between the kingdoms on wild and home. But it can possibly be seen as an exploit with risks.

2) I read about a town on the Wiki, I beleive it was called Tokyo, that was communistic in its managment style. However, it appears that village was disbanded or simply didn't survive through the map reset. Are there any other communist villages?

3) Do red flowers exist? I've never seen any and would love to attain some.

4) How fast would an open feild be re-covered by trees? If I were to clear cut a 50x50 area how long would it take for the trees to naturally reclaim their lost land?

This one?

s1290.jpg

On a more serious note, here are a few things I would like to know Dannyiron:

1) We all know that a foreigner on a home server has his/her stats reduced, but does this also reduce sillgain by the same degree? If not, then it is possible that someobdy may leave for the home servers, grind up their skill quickly and then go back to the wild increasing their skillgain by a lot. Now this may be incentive for foreigners to live on home servers for a while, adding to interaction between the kingdoms on wild and home. But it can possibly be seen as an exploit with risks.

A: Well, I personally am not a wild player or anything and can't go experimenting to find the answer; but with all the recent nerfs and restrictions on fighting due to exploitations I believe the answer is no. I may be wrong however.

2) I read about a town on the Wiki, I beleive it was called Tokyo, that was communistic in its managment style. However, it appears that village was disbanded or simply didn't survive through the map reset. Are there any other communist villages?

A: I have no idea; the mayors or citizens of such villages would have to make their villages known to you. I'll tell you if I find any out however.

3) Do red flowers exist? I've never seen any and would love to attain some.

A: I don't believe so. I know White dotted flowers exist, but I don't think that any form of Red flowers exist besides perhaps Roses.

4) How fast would an open feild be re-covered by trees? If I were to clear cut a 50x50 area how long would it take for the trees to naturally reclaim their lost land?

A: assuming a clearcut area with mature, old,  v-old and overaged pine trees on all 4 borders, it should take about  3 months to refill a 50x50.  Trees seem to sprout out to a max of 8 squares from the nearest tree, and it takes about 2 weeks for a pine to reach mature/old, so growing in from all 4 sides a 50x50 would need 3 cycles x 2weeks or around 6 weeks to get a tree to the center. figure another 6 weeks to fill in with dense forest.

actually for #4 i recently experemented with this.

assuming a clearcut area with mature, old,  v-old and overaged pine trees on all 4 borders, it should take about  3 months to refill a 50x50.  Trees seem to sprout out to a max of 8 squares from the nearest tree, and it takes about 2 weeks for a pine to reach mature/old, so growing in from all 4 sides a 50x50 would need 3 cycles x 2weeks or around 6 weeks to get a tree to the center. figure another 6 weeks to fill in with dense forest.

• Like 1

how do u get from golden valley to J-K

Q: how do u get from golden valley to J-K

A: There's a portal by First Light (FL) The JK Starter Town. You simply go to the correct portal once you've bought premium time, and it will allow you to pass through.

Here's another one for you:

What are the best ways to feed each different type of non-aggro animal? Like if i capture a few dogs, deer, pigs, chickens, etc. in a pen and I want to fatten them up fast for eating what do I drop in the pen for them each to eat? Are some foods better for some different animals?

BTW, post #3000

What are the best ways to feed each different type of non-aggro animal? Like if i capture a few dogs, deer, pigs, chickens, etc. in a pen and I want to fatten them up fast for eating what do I drop in the pen for them each to eat? Are some foods better for some different animals?

BTW, post #3000

Well, for grazing animals plant a harvestable tree type on each tile of the planned pen. ( I use Olive)  Make your fences, etc...   put grazing animals in pen.   They will not pack tree tiles and graze freely.  Fatten them with grain if needed. That way you get olives, etc... as well as unpackable grass.

I just store my grazers in my wemp fields. They eat the crops a bit but rarely ever do they pack them or eat them all.  since you tend the fields regularly anyhow you can keep an eye on the animals as well.

Here's another one:

How the hell does Redsyndicate make nearly 12 posts per day.

Here's another one:

How the hell does Redsyndicate make nearly 12 posts per day.

:D

These days I make more than 12 posts a day sometimes, although I don't really keep track of it.

I don't really know how I do it, I log into the forums in the morning, check out some stuff, post a few times, and go to school. When I get back home I have the forums open for the rest of the day, checking in periodicly to make a post or two.

Only 200 or so more to the top.  ;D

Good thread Danny, i'll sticky it as i think it's appropriate. I'll keep an eye out and answer any questions i can but looks like you've got it pretty well covered.

Good work  :)

Does reinforcing a cave tile stop a shaker orb from working? Or will a mine always be vulnerable to this item?

What are the Kingdom 'ruler' items, and what are their special abilities?  (ex. JK Royal Robes -- Heals wounds)

Does reinforcing a cave tile stop a shaker orb from working? Or will a mine always be vulnerable to this item?

There's no way to preventing a shaker orb in a mine, and the current ruling on shaker-orbing reinforced mines is a no-repair policy from the GMs. So if you've got a fully-reinforced mine and someone shaker-orbs a tile then reinforces it, there's nothing you can do.

What are the Kingdom 'ruler' items, and what are their special abilities?  (ex. JK Royal Robes -- Heals wounds)

A ruler gets a head item, a torso item and a hand item, AFAIK. The head item is a crown or a circlet (JK and Mr items, can't remember the BL) from which you can access the kingdom settings, such as giving out titles etc. The head item protects like scale armour, although I can't comment on whether or not it covers the face like a great helm. It doesn't encumber.

The torso item is a cape of some sorts, like the head item it protects like scale and has no encumbrance factor. It is a cloth item and therefore it can bandage (not just the JK cape, all capes can), and after having bandaged it will restore itself.

Then there's a scepter which gives a damage bonus AFAIK, although I think that's all it does. I don't think it attacks on its own.

All of the items are no-drop, and I think all of the items stack. That means you can still wear a chain jacket with a cape on top, or a great helm with a circlet on top.

Note that I have never been a ruler of any sorts so this is just information I have leeched off Pedro/Iaqb/forums. Some of it is probably wrong. :P

Good thread Danny, i'll sticky it as i think it's appropriate. I'll keep an eye out and answer any questions i can but looks like you've got it pretty well covered.

Good work  :)

Thank you ;D

And thanks for the sticky! :)

Q: What are the best ways to feed each different type of non-aggro animal? Like if i capture a few dogs, deer, pigs, chickens, etc. in a pen and I want to fatten them up fast for eating what do I drop in the pen for them each to eat? Are some foods better for some different animals?

A: Well, for my pigs I tend to feed all of the pregnant females until they won't hand feed any more with a slab of meat; and drop extra filets in the pen for them to peck on the rest of the day. Male pigs tend not to actually need food; but I just drop them food. Same with dogs - but they move around too much - so I just hand feed mine. Deer; I plant a crop on the ground and let them eat off it - it feeds them alot more than actually hand feeding. Two or three planted crops can feed a cow no problem, but I actually hand fed a cow 60 wemp seeds and it did nothing, so I learnt not to do that one again. Hens, again, let them peck aroudn on a crop field. For fattening them up; leave a large abundance of said food items, and just let them feast. Also note if you plan to feed them with any meals, casseroles etc. - they count as a piece of meat or fish, even if they contain a herb or a vegetable.

BTW, post #3000

Miggy knows more about kingdom items than I would; so I'd take his answer :) I know the Shaker Orb one though I think, hehe.

Q: Does reinforcing a cave tile stop a shaker orb from working? Or will a mine always be vulnerable to this item?

A: Nope. As far as I'm aware, the fact that a tile's re-inforced or not makes no difference. The shaker orb'd tile can then be re-inforced - and that means that there's no way to fix or remove it - so mine entrances are rendered useless; note that means it's also a method of griefing others.

Q:What are the Kingdom 'ruler' items, and what are their special abilities?  (ex. JK Royal Robes -- Heals wounds)

A ruler gets a head item, a torso item and a hand item, AFAIK. The head item is a crown or a circlet (JK and Mr items, can't remember the BL) from which you can access the kingdom settings, such as giving out titles etc. The head item protects like scale armour, although I can't comment on whether or not it covers the face like a great helm. It doesn't encumber. The torso item is a cape of some sorts, like the head item it protects like scale and has no encumbrance factor. It is a cloth item and therefore it can bandage (not just the JK cape, all capes can), and after having bandaged it will restore itself. Then there's a scepter which gives a damage bonus AFAIK, although I think that's all it does. I don't think it attacks on its own. All of the items are no-drop, and I think all of the items stack. That means you can still wear a chain jacket with a cape on top, or a great helm with a circlet on top. Note that I have never been a ruler of any sorts so this is just information I have leeched off Pedro/Iaqb/forums. Some of it is probably wrong.